Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center staff work hard to make the hospital a safe and comfortable place. Security personnel are available to help you and trust that you are in good hands.
The Main Hospital entrance locks at 9:30 p.m, 7 days a week, at which time all visitors must be checked in at the main hospital information desk.
We lock various units within the main hospital and require authorization to gain access.
If you want to visit patients outside of the regular visiting hours, it’s best to first check with the patient’s family to ensure that you’ll be able to visit. Patient families should discuss authorized visitors with their nursing staff.
Alarm system and other security measures
Extra security measures throughout the hospital include:
- Various units are secured with badge access, requiring visitors to call in to request entry.
- Newborn babies wear a special security band that trips an alarm when they are moved beyond the Women’s Health, Labor and Delivery or Continuing Care Nursery area.
- Emergency call boxes are located all over campus and allow you to contact the security office immediately.
- More than 550 cameras provide recorded 24/7 video monitoring of building and campus areas.
Report an incident or request a security guard
We have security officers in the Main Hospital to protect the well-being and property of all patients, visitors, and employees.
The Security Operations Center is located at the main entrance of the emergency department.
Please report any suspicious activity, crimes, or unusual events to the security department at 717-531-8711.
These items or activities are not allowed on the campus of Milton S. Hershey Medical Center:
- Guns (not allowed even with a concealed carry permit) or other weapons
- Smoking or use of other tobacco products
- Illegal drugs
- Harmful chemicals