High-risk pregnancy services
Maternal Fetal Medicine provides special care and delivery when serious illness or increased pregnancy risk affect patients and/or their unborn children. We can provide consultation, specific services, or care and delivery when combined maternal fetal medicine and intensive neonatal care, including immediate neonatal surgery, are necessary.
Did you know?
- Maternal Fetal Medicine at Penn State Health Obstetrics and Gynecology has been providing maternal fetal resources throughout central Pennsylvania for more than 30 years.
- We have more than 50 years combined practice experience as maternal-fetal medicine specialists certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- We are members of the Society of Maternal Fetal Medicine, providing us with an ongoing network of the latest in diagnostic advances, practice protocols and new research for pregnancies with unusual or especially difficult clinical problems.
- The Maternal Fetal Medicine Fetal Imaging Suite has received accreditation from the American Institute of Ultrasound Medicine, an association dedicated to promoting the safe and effective use of ultrasound. Accreditation means our practice has met nationally accepted standards and has demonstrated consistent excellence in patient care. We are a full-service obstetrical ultrasound facility.
- Pre-pregnancy counseling for high-risk medical or obstetric conditions
- Genetic screening and diagnostic service: Counseling, chorionic villus sampling, amniocentesis, specialized laboratory diagnostics
- Targeted fetal ultrasound imaging
- Full scope and shared care for pregnancies complicated by insulin dependent diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases autoimmune diseases, bleeding disorders, fetal congenital anomalies and genetic disorders
- Second opinion for complicated pregnancies