Penn State Health is committed to the safety of patients, staff, visitors and the general public. We are currently only permitting family/support persons to accompany patients within our facilities. One family/support person is permitted per adult patient per day. Two parents/guardians are permitted to accompany pediatric patients for inpatient and surgical visits; one parent or guardian may accompany a pediatric patient for emergency department visits and outpatient clinics. No visitors, aside from patient-designated family/support persons, are allowed at this time.
Prepare for your visit
- Check visiting hours and guidelines for what you are allowed bring to the hospital.
- Get correct spelling of your loved one’s first and last name.
- Check the hospital’s policies, guidelines and security measures.
- Ask the nursing staff how many visitors are allowed in a patient’s room at one time.
- In critical care areas, ask nursing staff about special rules and guidelines.
Please respect our quiet hours from 2 to 4 p.m. and from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. During these times, we:
- Lower the lights.
- Close doors to patient rooms.
- Ask everyone to lower their voices.
Give patients, families and the health care team privacy when it’s needed or requested. We offer comfortable areas for you to pass the time while you wait.
Our information desk can help
If you have questions, stop by our information desk after you arrive. Information desks are located:
- In the main lobby of the Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- Near the entrances of University Physician Center (entrance 4), the Surgical Waiting Area and the Penn State Children’s Hospital