Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of the community. We have a comprehensive process for external providers to request inpatient patient transfers, request for consultation, or schedule outpatient visits.
- Call our MD Network at 800-233-4082, for all external physician needs.
- Option 1: Hospital transfer to Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center or Penn State Health Children’s Hospital
- Option 2: Penn State Health Adult and Pediatric physician to physician consult
- Option 3: For all other concerns
- MD Network staff handle emergent, urgent, and routine matters.
- Calls are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
When requesting an inpatient transfer, please anticipate the following from the Transfer Center:
- Information gathering: patient name, date of birth, referring hospital name, referring physician name, contact information, insurance information and reason for referral.
- Connection to the appropriate attending physician in specified service line.
- Bed reservation for accepted patients.
- Assistance to arrange transportation.
- Patient transfer checklist (send the following along with the patient):
- History and Physical
- Progress notes
- Consult notes
- Medication list
- Results from all studies, imaging, and labs performed during care
- For registration purposes, please fax the patient’s face sheet to Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center Transfer Center at 717-531-0125.
To transfer any patient via Life Lion air or ground, please contact our dispatcher directly at 717-531-7777.
Patients should call 800-243-1455 for information and appointments.
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of the community. By partnering with referring providers we collaborate to provide excellent patient care for the residents of central Pennsylvania.
The Find a Physician and Find a Practice directories serve as easy reference guides for you and your support staff to find any Penn State Health physician and practice as well as contact information you may need to refer a patient.