A hospital stay can sometimes be overwhelming. Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center offers a variety of amenities aimed at families to make your stay more convenient and comfortable.
Amenities for comfort and convenience
Several lounges are located throughout the hospital, and each one is different. Some are equipped with:
- Computers and Wi-Fi
- Book carts where you can borrow books
- Adult coloring books, puzzle books and other activities
- Self-care and shower items
- TVs and relaxing music
- Sleeping chairs
- Vending machines with snacks and drinks
Lounges are located in rooms H1355, H2030, H2020, H4105, H4500, G5502, H6103, T1000 and T1300.
The cafeteria is located adjacent to the Rotunda on the first floor of the hospital’s main building.
The cafeteria is open:
- Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Families of patients staying at the hospital can enjoy free access to Penn State University’s Fitness Center.
The fitness center is located at:
30 Conference Drive
Hershey, PA 17033
The gym offers:
- Walk-in classes, including yoga, cycling and Zumba
- Racquetball and squash courts
- Personal training (fee-based)
- Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Summer hours, from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Monday through Thursday, 5 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Friday: 5 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
We offer a number of services to help make your time at the hospital more pleasant, including:
- Free parking - parking is free and available to patients and visitors at the Medical Center’s main entrance. Download a campus map (PDF)
- Free meal tray - a family member can get one free meal tray per hospital stay from the cafeteria. Learn about other in-house dining options.
- Splash Paks - our Patient Experience volunteers offer a wide range of personal care products, such as shampoo, toothpaste, soap and brushes.
- Laundry - washers and dryers with free detergent and dryer sheets are located on the third floor South. Please only wash clothing worn inside the hospital.