Penn State Health provides a variety of options for treatment. Not all Penn State Health hospitals and clinics provide the same options. When calling for an appointment, please verify when scheduling.
The Penn State Health Approach to Women’s Health
Your health needs change at each stage of life, and the women’s health specialists at Penn State Health are here for you every step of the way — from puberty through menopause and beyond. We provide complete care for all your health needs, whether you need routine well-woman care, you’re starting a family or you need expert care for endometriosis or cancer.
As central Pennsylvania’s only academic medical center, we’re among the premier providers of women’s health care services in the region. Our research and clinical trials let us offer advancements before they’re widely available. Our extensive women’s services and nationally recognized care makes us a trusted provider for women throughout the region.
When you come here, you can count on a team of compassionate experts who consider all areas of your health — body, mind and spirit.
Complete Care for a Full Range of Women’s Health Conditions
We provide complete care for all your health needs — from annual checkups and preventive screenings like mammograms to childbirth services and leading-edge treatment for fibroids, pelvic pain, breast cancer and more.
We help deliver more than 2,000 babies a year, so expectant moms can be confident in our expertise. Our goal is to make your experience as comfortable and rewarding as possible. We help you prepare with a full range of pregnancy, childbirth and parenting classes. We also offer a variety of health and wellness programs to help you eat better, get fit and prevent disease.
You get personal attention to address all your health needs, at every stage of life. We work closely with specialists in all areas of medicine to ensure you get complete care — whether it’s an endocrinologist to help manage diabetes, an orthopaedic doctor or a physical therapist to treat a muscle injury, or a nutritionist to help you manage your weight. We’re here to provide care and guidance for lifelong health and well-being.
Support groups provide an opportunity to share your feelings and connect with other parents and caregivers who are experiencing similar struggles.
Experts in Care
Meet our doctors, view their profiles and select the one that’s right for you.Find a doctor near you
Why Choose Penn State Health for OB-GYN and Women’s Health
Women from all over central Pennsylvania count on us for complete care, from routine and preventive services to childbirth expertise and advanced care for a full range of health conditions.
Nationally Recognized Women’s Health Care
Penn State Health offers a level of expertise and breadth of services you can’t find anywhere else in central Pennsylvania. It’s comforting to know you can get leading-edge care, right here. We’re recognized for:
- In vitro fertilization expertise, recognized by the Society for Assisted Reproductive Technologies among the top programs in the region
- Internationally recognized treatment for polycystic ovary syndrome
- Our designation as a Center of Excellence for Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery (COEMIGS) by xxx — we’re one of the busiest robotic-assisted surgery centers in the nation
- Comprehensive, family-friendly pregnancy and childbirth services, earning designation as a Blue Distinction® Center for Maternity Care by Highmark Blue Shield and a Baby-Friendly® Hospital by Baby-Friendly USA
- Innovative gynecologic cancer treatment including promising new treatments through NRG Oncology multi-institutional clinical trials
- A full-service obstetrics and gynecology ultrasound facility, accredited by the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine (AIUM)
Expert, Team-Based Care Designed for You
We provide complete care for women’s health. Our team includes family medicine doctors [link to Family and Internal Medicine page], OB-GYNs, gynecologists, urogynecologists, maternal-fetal medicine doctors, genetic counselors, nurse midwives, nurse practitioners, lactation specialists (IBCLCs), OB nurse navigators and clinical social workers.
We work with specialists in cardiovascular care, cancer, plastic and reconstructive surgery, allergy and immunology, imaging and more. Our team approach ensures you have everything you need for optimal health and well-being.
Women’s Health Research and Clinical Trials
Penn State Health is dedicated to improving women’s health and discovering better ways to find and treat diseases. Our research has earned national and international recognition. We’re exploring maternal-fetal medicine, reproductive endocrinology, gynecologic cancer, female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery, and minimally invasive gynecologic surgery. Learn more about our clinical trials.
Related Services and Treatments
- Breastfeeding and lactation services
- Cervical cerclage placement
- Contraception/long-acting reversible contraception (LARC)
- Genetic counseling
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Management of twin transfusion syndrome
- Maternal-fetal medicine
- Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery and vaginal laser treatments
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology
- Pelvic reconstructive surgery
- Perinatal care
- Routine prenatal care and midwifery services
- Women’s primary care and well-woman services
- Breast cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Chronic vaginal infections
- Congenital absence of reproductive organs
- Endometrial cancer
- Endometrial hyperplasia
- Endometriosis and pelvic pain
- Excess androgens
- Gynecologic cancers
- Heavy vaginal bleeding
- High-risk pregnancies
- Menopause concerns
- Ovarian cancer
- Pelvic floor disorders
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Premature ovarian failure
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Turner syndrome
- Urinary and fecal incontinence
- Uterine cancer
- Vaginal vault prolapse
Find the care your family needs, close to home, at one of our many locations throughout central Pennsylvania.Find a location near you