Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine facilities department’s mission is to provide responsive customer service and cost-effective solutions. We are committed to excellence in building, operating and maintaining safe and pleasing environments that enable healing, education and research.
The facilities department is comprised of two distinct, yet collaborative divisions:
- Facilities Maintenance and Operations – consists of trades staff such as plumbers, electricians, HVAC mechanics, refrigeration technicians, carpenters, painters, general mechanics, grounds maintenance and waste processing personnel. The staff also provides 24/7 functions, including operation of the Central Utility Plant and the Building Operations Center.
- Facilities Planning and Construction – provides oversight, quality control and project management services for all renovation and construction projects on the campus.
The locations listed below are managed by the Penn State Health facilities team. You may access Contractor Resources – Penn State Health for contractor resources applicable to projects located at the following Penn State Health facilities:
- Penn State Health Hampden Medical Center
- Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center
- Penn State Health Lancaster Medical Center
- Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center
- Penn State Health Medical Group practices and outpatient locations
Certificate of Payment Documents
Here you will find the documents needed for your Certificate of Payment (pay app) submission.
The Certificate of Payment Process Checklist is a list of all documents required for your pay app to be processed. Once you have completed your documents, you will need to send copies to the professional architect/engineer for your project and to Facilities Planning and Construction Accounting.
Please note that payments will be delayed if anything is missing or if the professional architect/engineer has not reviewed and signed off on the form. Carefully review these documents, and be sure they are shared with the individual(s) responsible for the assembly and submission of the Certificate of Payment package.
If you have any questions regarding the Certificate of Payment process, please contact Facilities Planning and Construction Accounting.
- Affidavit for Final Payment and Mechanics Lien
- Certificate of Payment Application
- Certificate of Payment Process Checklist
- Consent of Surety Company
- Construction Project Waste Management Plan (sample)
- Demolition Project Construction Waste Management Plan (sample)
- Diverse Business Utilization Report
- Penn State University OPP Contractor Safety Requirements – Appendix D Safety Information
- Schedule of Values
- Site Specific Safety Plan Template
- Steel Certificate Form
- Weekly Payroll Certification
The links below provide consolidated COVID-19 guidance developed for design and construction projects. These COVID-19 guidelines apply to all third-party construction managers, contractors, subcontractors, design professionals, suppliers and consultants who conduct work on the campus of Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine in furtherance of design and construction projects and is inclusive of all Penn State Health campuses.
Design and Construction Standards
- Design Construction Guidelines – Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine
- Penn State Health Information Services Standards for Construction (Room Standards)
- Information Technology Standards for Facilities Projects and Construction
- Penn State University Minimum Standards for Telecommunications Facilities
Safety and Infection Control Risk Assessment Training
Effective January 1, 2022 until further notice
In accordance with state and federal recommendations to reduce the spread of the coronavirus and COVID-19, all in-person Safety and Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA) training sessions are cancelled until further notice. All contractors and staff must complete the virtual training within one year of their last training.
Offsite training is still required for all contractors who have never worked on the Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center campus or otherwise do not have a training certification card. Those contractors shall:
- Watch the training video using the link below.
- Download the documentation that includes the certification test at the link below.
- Complete the test. Verify that your name and company name are on the top of each page of the test.
- Scan and email the completed test to [email protected].
- Visit Facilities on the Hershey Medical Center campus at 90 Hope Drive, Academic Support Building, Suite 3301, and receive your training certification card. Please allow 48 hours to process the documentation following submission of your test.
Job Kit Documents
As a contractor for Penn State Health, you are required to follow the policies listed below.
- A-65 – Visitors, Admission to Operating Room Suite
- 40-16 – Water Incursion Check List Procedure
- A-72 HAM – Two-Way Radio and Cell Phone Usage
- A-96 HAM – Above Ceiling Compliance
- DE-01SPM – Safety Management Plan
- DE-03SPM – Hazardous Materials and Waste Management Plan
- DE-05SPM – Fire Safety Management Plan
- EH-22 Seasonal (Influenza) and other Viral Respiratory Illness Policy for Workforce
- FP-04SPM – Safety Requirements for Contractors and Vendors
- FP-05SPM – Furnishings and Interior Finishes
- FP-06SPM – Hot Work Permit
- FP-07SPM – ILSM
- FP-08SPM – Fire Alarm Detection Sprinkler Systems Fire Pumps Out of Service
- FP-09SPM – Means of Egress Use and Maintenance
- FP-15SPM – Safety Requirements for Vendor Representatives
- HM-01SPM– Asbestos Management and Control
- HM-03SPM – Compressed Gas Cylinders
- HR11 – Sexual Harassment
- HR38 – Personal Behavior and Communication Standards
- HR46 – Substance Abuse/Drug-free Workplace
- HR68 – Background Checks – Penn State Health
- HR69 – Tobacco Free Campus
- HR85 – Background Checks – Penn State College of Medicine
- HR86 – Complaints of Unlawful Discrimination or Harassment
- III-14 – Construction, Renovation, and Maintenance Infection Control Program
- CPSL Disclosure Statement – Application for Employment, Including Provisional Employment
- PRI-112 – Cybersecurity and Privacy
- PSHAM F-42 – Employee Business Expenses
- S-05 HAM – Weapons Policy
- SA-06SPM – Confined Space Entry
- SA-11SPM – General Electrical Safety Requirements
- SA-12SPM – Power Strips
- SA-13SPM – Fall Protection
- SA-16SPM – Lock-out and Tag-out
- SA-19SPM – Ladder Safety
- SA-20SPM – Personal Protective Equipment
- SA-22SPM – Management of the Environment During Construction, Renovation and Demolition
- SA-25SPM – Machine Guarding
- Form of Agreement 1-S: Short version form of the Owner-Professional agreement. It is used for limited professional services. For example, a feasibility study.
- Form of Agreement 1-P: Long version form of the Owner-Professional agreement. It is used for full design services.
Construction Manager Agreements
- 1-CM-GMP General Conditions: General Conditions of the 1-CM-GMP agreement
- Form of Agreement 1-CM-GMP: Construction Manager Guaranteed Max. Price Agreement (sample)
Construction Contractor Agreements
Design Build Agreements
- Form of Agreement 1-DB-GMP: Design-Build Guaranteed Max. Price Agreement (sample)
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) Universal Addendum
Spotted Lanternfly Program
The spotted lanternfly is an invasive insect that has spread throughout southeastern Pennsylvania since its discovery in Berks County in 2014. This insect has the potential to greatly impact agricultural crops in Pennsylvania, including grapes, hops and hardwoods. It is also reducing the quality of life for people living in heavily infested areas. Penn State’s College of Agricultural Sciences, the United States Department of Agriculture and the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture (PDA) have joined forces to control and contain the spread of the spotted lanternfly. To help slow its spread, the PDA implemented a Spotted Lanternfly Order of Quarantine and Treatment on May 26, 2018. The quarantine is a Pennsylvania law.
This order applies to all businesses that travel within, into or out of the quarantine zone, including the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine. Therefore, as employees of Hershey Medical Center and the College of Medicine, we need to comply with the order for the following reasons:
- It is the law in Pennsylvania.
- The Hershey Medical Center and College of Medicine campus is located within the quarantine zone.
- Penn State is in support of this program. Penn State College of Agricultural Sciences is assisting the state with this effort, and we should support our colleagues’ efforts.
- The spotted lanternfly can quickly decimate hardwoods; fruit trees, including grapes and hops; and nurseries. Pennsylvania is a major producer and exporter in these industries and the economic impact may be great if not controlled.
- People not complying can receive a ticket and fine from the police.
- Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Order of Quarantine and Treatment: Spotted Lanternfly
- Spotted Lanternfly Business Toolkit
- Spotted Lanternfly Order or Quarantine and Treatment
- Spotted Lanternfly Designated Employee Annual Self-Audit
- Spotted Lanternfly Quarantine Requirement Implementation Procedures
- Spotted Lanternfly Quarantine Implementation Worksheet
- Spotted Lanternfly Quarantine Zone Map
- Spotted Lanternfly Training for Drivers Acknowledgement
- Spotted Lanternfly Vehicle Inspection Report
Contractor Parking Map
Facilities Planning and Construction staff provides all renovation and construction services for the campus. The group schedules and manages the work for a small, in-house renovation crew as well as acquiring and managing professional architectural and engineering services for projects of all sizes and types. Other services include AutoCAD drafting services, project management and inspection, space record keeping, contract administration and more.
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center Campus
Academic Support Building
90 Hope Drive, Suite 3301
Hershey, PA 17033
Marvin W. Smith, PE
Assistant Vice President, Facilities