About Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center
A 306-bed acute care hospital, Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center serves the greater Harrisburg region with outpatient and inpatient diagnostic, medical and surgical services on its East Pennsboro Township, Pa., campus and outpatient locations in Cumberland, Dauphin, Perry and Northern York counties. The four-story Ortenzio Heart Center at Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center is devoted to the care and treatment of patients with heart problems. Its level II trauma center physicians and staff provide around-the-clock complex critical care for those suffering from life-threatening injuries.
Founded in 1963 by the Sisters of Christian Charity, Holy Spirit Medical Center has earned national accreditations for its centers of excellence in the treatment of cardiac care, atrial fibrillation, heart attack (STEMI), heart failure, stroke, diabetes, knee and hip replacement, spine surgery, bariatric surgery and maternity care. Holy Spirit joined Penn State Health in 2020.
Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center is a community Catholic hospital sponsored by the Sisters of Christian Charity to carry out the healing ministry of Jesus Christ to all in need. We provide high-quality, ethically guided and cost-effective health services in a caring, patient-focused environment to develop healthy communities in the greater Harrisburg area and south central Pennsylvania.
Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center will exemplify God’s love through our services and spirit of caring. We will focus on services that provide community value, including:
- Demonstrated commitment to our healing mission of patient-centered care
- Innovative, collaborative and relationship-based delivery models
- Care of the disenfranchised and vulnerable
- Excellence in clinical quality
- Outstanding patient and employee satisfaction
- Sound financial stewardship to ensure our continuing commitment to the community
In our service and our care, we commit ourselves to these values:
- Dignity - We value the sacredness of life and the dignity of each person.
- Wholism - We promote the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of each person.
- Service - We meet the needs of others with compassion and competence.
- Stewardship - We responsibly use the resources entrusted to our care.
- Quality - We commit ourselves to continuous improvement and to the satisfaction of those we serve.
- Integrity - We consistently demonstrate high ethical standards and the values of our organization.