Why Choose Penn State Health Holy Medical Center
Founded in 1963 by the Sisters of Christian Charity, Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center is a Catholic hospital providing compassionate, high-quality, ethically guided care in a patient-focused environment.
As part of the Penn State Health system, Holy Spirit Medical Center brings expert care closer to home for residents of Cumberland, Perry, Northern York, Franklin and Adams counties.
All patients have ready access to the expertise and advanced technology of a university-affiliated health system that includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Health Children’s Hospital and Penn State College of Medicine. Patients also benefit from Holy Spirit Medical Center’s advanced heart care.
Awards and Accreditations
Holy Spirit Medical Center has earned national accreditations including:
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center certification by The Joint Commission, in collaboration with the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association
- Advanced Inpatient Diabetes Care certification from The Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI and Resuscitation by the American College of Cardiology - highest level of accreditation
- Blue Distinction Center+ for knee and hip replacement and cardiac care by Highmark Blue Shield
Heart Care Specialists
Holy Spirit Medical Center is a nationally recognized center of excellence in heart care, providing patients advanced treatment for atrial fibrillation, heart attack and heart failure. The Ortenzio Heart Center is a four-story facility at the medical center dedicated to the care and treatment of patients with heart problems.
Expert Trauma Care
Accredited as a Level II Trauma Center by the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation, Holy Spirit Medical Center’s trauma specialists provide around-the-clock, complex critical care for patients with life-threatening injuries, such as those resulting from motor vehicle accidents, falls and acts of violence.
Advanced Specialty Care
Serving Greater Harrisburg and south-central Pennsylvania, Holy Spirit Medical Center offers
inpatient, outpatient and emergency services that include:
- Behavioral health - Evidence-based programs, inpatient and outpatient treatment
- Diagnostic imaging - Interventional radiology, nuclear medicine, CT, MRI and X-ray
- Emergency care - Trauma, injury, heart attack, stroke and nurses trained in sexual assault
- Medical care - heart care, endocrine, gastrointestinal, neurology, nephrology
- Surgical care - Brain, breast, cancer, knee and hip replacement, spine, neurosurgical and urologic
- Wound care - Advanced treatment for slow-healing wounds
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center is fundamentally committed to providing compassionate, inclusive and equitable care and increasing the diversity of its workforce.
Get more information or schedule an appointment.