Child Life must be made aware of any potential donations. Due to recent events, donations cannot be dropped off without notice to Child Life. Appointments are required for donation delivery.
Penn State Health Children's Hospital serves children from newborn to age 18. Each age group has their own unique needs while they are hospitalized.
The holiday season is one of the busiest times at the Children’s Hospital and the most popular time to donate.
If you wish to make a donation this holiday season, please contact Pamela Baranowski, Child Life, at 717-531-8366 or email: email@example.com. Wish lists and guidelines are listed below.
We appreciate your attention in scheduling a donation drop off between November 1st and December 16th to allow the child life team time to process your donation for the holiday season.
Delivering your donation:
- All donations must be received by Friday, December 16, 2022.
- Donors must have a scheduled donation drop-off appointment with the Child Life team.
- Donations cannot be dropped off at the Children’s Hospital Information Desk at any time due to infection prevention, safety, and space precautions.
- Please note: we have a donation pause from December 17, 2022 until January 30, 2023. Any donations brought in during this time period, including on the holidays, will not be accepted. Donations cannot be accepted during this time period.
- Please do not gift wrap, label or gift tag on donated items. Your unwrapped donated items help the Child Life team to be able to organize, sort, and distribute items more efficiently.
Items can be shipped directly to the Children’s Hospital at the address listed below:
Penn State Health Children’s Hospital
500 University Drive
Hershey, PA 17033
If you miss the holiday donation deadline, we will begin accepting donations after the holidays, starting Monday, January 30th, 2023 (appointments are required).
Child Life Wish Lists
For comprehensive wish lists, please click on the links below:
Reminders and Special Notes
- All items donated must be new (store bought and in original packaging).
- For the safety of our patients, we cannot accept gently used toys, stuffed animals, or homemade items. This includes items that have been stored for a period of time, even if they were never played with
- We cannot display denominational or religious materials.
- Please be sure to check all hand sewn items to remove any needles or pins you may have used when making the item.
- Due to new Safe Sleep standards, we cannot accept crocheted or knitted hats for our infant patients.
- We are unable to accept handwritten notes and/or homemade cards.
- Out of sensitivity to our patients and families, please avoid including personal information on or with your donated items. This includes, tribute messages (“in memory or honor of”), or your business information.
- Please note: For the safety and privacy of our patients and families, donors are NOT permitted to hand deliver donations directly to patients.
If you are considering making a monetary donation, please make checks payable to "Penn State University" and note on the memo line "to benefit PSCH-Child Life". Monetary donations will be used by the Child Life Department to purchase supplies for our patients, playrooms and to host events.
You can mail checks to:
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
University Development and Alumni Relations
1249 Cocoa Avenue, HS20
PO Box 852
Hershey, PA 17033
If you have already completed your donation drive or collection, please contact Child Life as soon as possible to discuss the items that you have collected. The Donation Drive form will also need to be included with your donation. Prior to delivering your donation, please contact Child Life to coordinate a delivery date and time.
Please be sure to include the Donation Drive form with your donation. You will be asked to give your name, contact information and vehicle make, model and color when dropping off the donation. A Child Life team member will meet donors outside of the Children's Hospital due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Donations must be boxed or bagged when delivered. Please call regarding weekend delivery options.