Child Life must be made aware of any potential donations. Due to recent events, donations cannot be dropped off without notice to Child Life. Appointments are required for donation delivery.
Penn State Children's Hospital serves children from newborn to age 18. Each age group has their own unique needs while they are hospitalized.
Holiday Donations 2020
The holiday season is one of the busiest times for the Child Life Program and the most popular time to donate.
Due to COVID-19, we must take extra precautions for the safety of our patients this holiday season. Our holiday donation acceptance window is Nov. 1 - Dec. 11. This allows time for Child Life to process your donation for the holiday season.
Important Reminders for a Successful Donation:
- Donations must be received by Friday, Dec. 11.
- Donors must have a scheduled appointment time for dropping off the donation.
- Donations dropped off at the Children’s Hospital Information Desk on or after Dec. 11 will not be accepted.
- Please do not gift wrap, put labels or gift tags on donated items.
- To schedule delivery, please email Sarah Miller, email@example.com, or call 717-531-8366.
If you are unable to schedule a donation delivery appointment before Friday, Dec. 11, we will begin accepting donations after the holidays, starting Monday, Feb. 1, 2021 (appointments are required).
Child Life Wish Lists
Please view our wish list registry for our most requested items.
For comprehensive wish lists, please click on the links below:
- Child Life wish list
- Child Life Book wish list
- NICU Child Life wish list
- Starlight Foundation wish list
Reminders and Special Notes
- All items donated must be new (store bought and in original packaging).
- For the safety of our patients, we cannot accept gently used toys, stuffed animals, or homemade items. This includes items that have been stored for a period of time, even if they were never played with
- We cannot display denominational or religious materials.
- Please be sure to check all hand sewn items to remove any needles or pins you may have used when making the item.
- Due to new Safe Sleep standards, we cannot accept crocheted or knitted hats for our infant patients.
- We are unable to accept handwritten notes and/or homemade cards.
- Out of sensitivity to our patients and families, please avoid including personal information on or with your donated items. This includes, tribute messages (“in memory or honor of”), or your business information.
- Please note: For the safety and privacy of our patients and families, donors are NOT permitted to hand deliver donations directly to patients.
If you are considering making a monetary donation, please make checks payable to "Penn State University" and note on the memo line "to benefit PSCH-Child Life". Monetary donations will be used by the Child Life Department to purchase supplies for our patients, playrooms and to host events.
You can mail checks to:
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
University Development and Alumni Relations
1249 Cocoa Avenue, HS20
PO Box 852
Hershey, PA 17033
If you have already completed your donation drive or collection, please contact Child Life as soon as possible to discuss the items that you have collected. The Donation Drive form will also need to be included with your donation. Prior to delivering your donation, please contact Child Life to coordinate a delivery date and time.
Please be sure to include the Donation Drive form with your donation. You will be asked to give your name and contact information when dropping off the donation. All donations are dropped off in the Children’s Hospital lobby with our Information Desk.
Donations must be boxed or bagged when delivered. Please call regarding weekend delivery options.