Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Recruiter: Please contact Anderson Smith at email@example.com for additional information.
Penn State Health Children’s Hospital Division of Pediatric Developmental Medicine is seeking a Behavioral/ Developmental Physician.
Join our Division of Pediatric Developmental Medicine now! – We are committed to excellent clinical care, teaching, and research. Interested applicants, please send CV and Cover Letter to Anderson Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are a division of 2 developmental Physicians and 1NP.
- Division staff includes excellent administrative and scheduling support.
- Assessment and treatment of personnel include a speech therapist with interest in speech apraxia as well as use of the Hanen method, a psychometrician with particular expertise in reading disorders, an education specialist who works with both schools and parents to translate the team’s recommendations into the classroom and an LPN coordinator who interfaces with families and assists with identifying needed services.
- We provide comprehensive, multidisciplinary evaluations for children with suspected autism, ADHD, and a Variety of developmental impairments.
- Special interests of the division include psychopharmacology for treatment of aggression, use of medical marijuana in setting of autism, behavioral sleep evaluation and treatment, assessment of speech apraxia and other complex speech disorders as well as evaluation of reading disorders, including dyslexia.
What we're seeking:
- We are seeking a physician with fellowship training in Behavioral/Developmental Pediatrics and who is board certified or eligible in this specialty.
- M.D., D.O., or foreign equivalent.
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania BC/BE
- Experience with the full range of developmental disorder, particularly evaluation and management of autism, attention deficit disorder and medication use for comorbidities. Area of specialization in other aspects of development including aspects of behavior management, developmental co-morbidities associated with genetic disorder or young children with significant developmental impairment would be welcomed, but not required.
- Interest and experience in teaching medical students, pediatric residents and other learners in the clinical setting.
- An interest in research would be supported but is not required.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Sign on bonus and Relocation assistance,
- CME time and funds,
- LTD and Life insurance, and so much more!
- Penn State University tuition discount for employees and dependents
Our freestanding Children’s Hospital just underwent a vertical expansion due to accommodate pediatric needs in central PA is located near Harrisburg (our state capital) and is a safe, family-friendly location, with access to excellent public schools. Hershey, PA, our local neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or a thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. Known as the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, Hershey's community is rich in history and offers an abundant range of outdoor activities, arts, and diverse experiences. We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC. We're proud of our community involvement and encourage you to learn more about our organization.
About Penn State Health:
Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across 29 counties in central Pennsylvania. It employs more than 16,800 people system-wide. The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Children's Hospital, and Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, Pa.; Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center in Camp Hill, Pa.; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, Pa.; Penn State Health Hampden Medical Center in Enola, Pa., and more than 3,000 physicians and direct care providers at more than 90+ unique medical office locations. Additionally, the system jointly operates various health care providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center, Hershey Endoscopy Center, Horizon Home Healthcare and Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute. In December 2017, Penn State Health partnered with Highmark Health to facilitate creation of a value-based, community care network in the region. Penn State Health shares an integrated strategic plan and operations with Penn State College of Medicine, the University's medical school. With campuses in State College and Hershey, Pa., the College of Medicine boasts a portfolio of more than $100 million in funded research and more than 1,700 students and trainees in medicine, nursing, other health professions and biomedical research.
Penn State Health shares an integrated strategic plan and operations with Penn State College of Medicine, the University’s medical school. With campuses in State College and Hershey, PA, the College of Medicine boasts a portfolio of more than $100 million in funded research and more than 1,700 students and trainees in medicine, nursing, other health professions, and biomedical research.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email email@example.com or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non Bargained