Penn State Health - Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Recruiter: Please contact Erica Moyer at [email protected] for additional information.
Adult Outpatient Psychiatrist Opportunity in Hershey, PA
About the Position:
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is seeking an Adult Psychiatrist for an outpatient clinic-based position at our primary location in Hershey, PA
The primary outpatient site in Hershey PA integrates research and clinical services, running approximately 40,000 clinical visits per year. We also provide integrated behavioral health services in multiple locations. One of the integrated service models is the interdisciplinary eating disorders model. The service provides outpatient, intensive outpatient and specialized eating disorder partial hospitalization services for 18-24 y/o patients. Additionally, 18-24 y/o patients struggling with other psychiatric disorders also receive services at the site using the integrated model. The team-based model cares for patients stepping up or down from partial and intensive outpatient services to outpatient services and provides adolescent medicine, therapy, psychiatry and dietary services under one roof. Across sites, the department offers assessment programs, medication treatments and evidence-based group and individual counseling services. There are opportunities to work with medical students, general psychiatry residents and other learners. All required calls are phone back-up to residents with the option of additional compensation for doing in-person calls.
About the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health:
We host specialty clinical and research programs, including research that crosses the translations spectrum. Our educational programs include adult psychiatry residency, child fellowship, psychology internship, externship and post-doctoral fellows, and we have a strong collaboration with basic and clinical science in other neuroscience disciplines across serval Penn State campuses.
With our clinical partner, the Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute (PPI), located in downtown Harrisburg, PA, we have a full spectrum of care including 89 inpatient beds, partial hospital programs, neuromodulation services, an opioid treatment program, and general and specialty outpatient programs for children and adults. Services through the Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center include general and specialty adult and child clinics, an adult partial hospital program, sleep and eating disorder programs, and integrated care programs with primary care and medical /surgical specialties. To better serve the needs of our regional community, we completed a programmatic expansion of our child mental behavioral health services including opening an inpatient child unit, expanding child therapy services and doubling the size of consultation and liaison teams.
What we're offering:
- Potential for customizing part of the clinical duties to reflect other current or growth areas of interest
- Opportunity to be considered for the role of Vice Chair, Diversity
- Full-time position that includes a faculty appointment within the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health at the Penn State College of Medicine. Academic rank commensurate with qualifications, starting at least as an Assistant Professor, non-tenure track.
- Opportunities to teach trainees
- Supportive environment for research initiatives with talented, academically oriented faculty
- Robust mentorship programs and staff infrastructure designed to support faculty
- Attractive compensation package commensurate with qualifications
- Medical, dental and vison coverage (no waiting period)
- 5% employer 401k match after 6 months of employment
- 20 days of vacation and 10 days of CME (plus funds) for full-time employees
- 75% Penn State Tuition Remission for employees, dependent children and spouses
- Relocation assistance
What we're seeking:
- Must possess a MD, or DO
- Completion of accredited residency program
- BC/BE in psychiatry is required with certification within 3 years after hire
- Ability to acquire a medical license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and a DEA certificate
- Successful candidates should have strong teaching as well as clinical skills and, optimally, potential for scientific and scholarly achievement
Interested individuals should forward CV to:
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
About the Area:
Hershey, PA and its surrounding communities offer great places to live, learn, work, play and grow a family. In addition to being the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, the region is rich in history and diverse in culture. Minutes from Pennsylvania’s bustling capital, Harrisburg, and the vibrant cities of Lancaster and York, the area boasts superb schools and reasonable cost of living whether you prefer to live in a quiet suburban or rural setting or a thriving city atmosphere rich in theater, arts, and restaurants. Near the banks of the Susquehanna River and the Appalachian trail, and with ready access to major metropolitan areas like D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia, and NYC , central Pennsylvania fosters a delightful quality of life in a diverse, picturesque and historic environment, with ample recreational opportunities.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email [email protected] or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non Bargained