Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Recruiter: Please contact Anderson Smith at [email protected] for additional information
Penn State Health Children’s Hospital Division of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology is seeking a Pediatric Allergy and Immunology Physician.
Join our Division of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology now! We are committed to excellent clinical care, teaching, and research. Interested applicants, send your CV and Cover Letter to Anderson Smith, Physician Recruiter at [email protected].
- We are a division of 5 physicians and 3 CRNPs.
- A full complement of ancillary staff including excellent administrative and clinical support.
- We value education and provide exceptional teaching for allergy and immunology fellows, pediatric and family medicine residents, and medical students in a variety of settings.
- Our Pediatric Allergy and Immunology outpatient clinic cares for a variety of allergy and immunology patients including those with common allergic conditions to those with complex immunologic disorders. We have both an active oral food challenge program and oral immunotherapy program, staffed by specially trained nurses.
- We provide inpatient consultation support to our Children’s Hospital and are a SCID newborn screening referral and transplant center.
- We actively pursue scholarly, quality improvement, and research interests.
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics Academic appointment commensurate with level of candidate experience.
What we're seeking:
- We are seeking someone board certified in Pediatrics (ABP) and has completed a fellowship in Allergy and Immunology (or will have completed fellowship prior to starting employment.
- M.D., D.O., or foreign equivalent
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania BC/BE
- Competitive salary and generous benefits
- Sign on bonus and Relocation assistance,
- CME time and funds,
- LTD and Life insurance, and so much more!
- Penn State University tuition discount for employees and dependents
Our freestanding Children’s Hospital just underwent a vertical expansion to accommodate pediatric needs in central PA and is located near Harrisburg (our state capital) and is a safe, family-friendly location, with access to excellent public schools. Hershey, PA, our local neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. Known as the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, Hershey's community is rich in history and offers an abundant range of outdoor activities, arts, and diverse experiences. We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC. We're proud of our community involvement and encourage you to learn more about our organization.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email [email protected] or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non Bargained