Penn State Health - Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Recruiter: Please contact Esther Zechman at [email protected] for additional information.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for direct patient care in Critical Care Units and compliance with guidelines as outlined in the collaborative agreement. The Nurse Practitioner relies on extensive experience, education, and clinical judgment to plan and accomplish treatment goals, shorten length of stay, and improve patient outcomes. A wide degree of patient care autonomy/latitude is expected. The NP is credentialed and works independently and in collaboration with the attending physicians, fellows, residents, nursing and other members of the health care team to provide specialty care to critically ill patients. The NP provides education and instruction, both formal and informal, to residents, nurses, students, and other health care professionals. The CRNP provides in-house, round the clock coverage, coordinating, providing and managing the care of critically ill patients.
- Either Master's Degree in a Critical Care or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program with a minimum of one (1) year CRNP experience (which could include clinical rotations or relevant clinical experience in applicable specialty) required and three (3) years critical care experience as a staff nurse required; or Master's Degree in a General Nurse Practitioner Program with a minimum of one (1) year CRNP experience (which could include clinical rotations or relevant clinical experience in applicable specialty) and five (5) years critical care experience as a staff nurse required.
- Currently licensed to practice as a CRNP by Pennsylvania Board of Nurse Examiners required.
- National certification as an advanced practice nurse required.
- Must possess knowledge of appropriate critical care, to include advanced cardiac life support and basic cardiopulmonary life support certification.
- Acute critical care certification focus is preferred.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email [email protected] or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non Bargained