The Penn State Health Approach to Eye and Vision Care
Penn State Health offers the region’s most expansive multispecialty eye and vision care - from general eye care services, diagnosis and management of common and complex eye conditions, to the most advanced ophthalmic surgery available anywhere. Whether you need eye and vision screening or advanced medical and surgical treatment, you can get all the care you need right here.
When it comes to your eyesight, you want an experienced team. As an academic medical center, we offer the latest advancements in eye care. You can get leading-edge therapies you won’t find anywhere else nearby. You work with specialists who are at the forefront of eye and vision diagnosis and treatment.
Whether you need routine vision testing or advanced treatment, our focus is giving you the very best care.
Complete Care for a Full Range of Eye and Vision Conditions
Our eye and vision care experts treat the full range of eye conditions - from eye injuries to glaucoma, cataracts, retinal disease and more. We offer a full spectrum of care for even the most complex eye disease in people of all ages, including kid-friendly eye care for children.
We use the latest approaches to diagnose and treat eye and vision problems. Because we have experts in nearly every ophthalmic subspecialty, you get comprehensive care and personal attention from leading experts in their fields. Our ability to coordinate your care in a single location ensures you are being seen by the right person at the right time every time.
Experts in Care
Meet our doctors, view their profiles and select the one that’s right for you.Find a doctor near you
Support groups provide an opportunity to share your feelings and connect with other patients and caregivers who are experiencing similar struggles.
Why Choose Penn State Health for Eye and Vision Care
For many people across central Pennsylvania, we’re the clear choice for trusted eye and vision care. Our doctors have expertise in the main ophthalmic subspecialties including: cornea, general eye care, glaucoma, medical retina, neuro-ophthalmology, oculoplastic and reconstructive surgery, pediatric ophthalmology, vitreoretinal surgery
Nationally Recognized Eye and Vision Care
As Pennsylvania’s only academic medical center, we’re known for our advanced expertise. You can get the highest level of care from a skilled, experienced team. Families choose us for our:
- Nationally recognized ophthalmologists, who are consistently recognized as experts in their field - many listed among the Best Doctors in America®
- Sophisticated diagnosis, offering innovative imaging approaches - ocular photography and angiography - delivered by trained ophthalmic photographers
- Comprehensive care and advanced expertise in optometry, cornea and external disease, glaucoma, neuro-ophthalmology, eye and eyelid reconstructive surgery, pediatric eye care, medical and surgical retina, and more
- Low-vision rehabilitation, which uses devices and training to enhance vision when eyesight can't be improved by eyeglasses or traditional vision-correction approaches
Expert, Team-Based Care Designed for You
We have expertise in a wide range of conditions. Your care team may include experts in cornea, general eye care, glaucoma, medical retina, neuro-ophthalmology, oculoplastic and reconstructive surgery, pediatric ophthalmology, vitreoretinal surgery.
We work closely other medical specialties, such as neurosurgery, otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat), plastic and reconstructive surgery, cancer, endocrinology, rheumatology, dermatology and others. This ensures you get complete care.
Eye and Vision Research and Clinical Trials
Penn State Health is committed to finding new ways to find and treat eye disease and improve vision. Our eye and vision experts are exploring better treatments for conditions such as age-related macular degeneration, children’s eye disease, diabetic retinopathy, retinal vein occlusion and corneal wounds. Find out if an eye or vision-related clinical trial is right for you.
Related Services and Treatments
- Cataract surgery
- Corneal transplants
- Laser surgery
- Glaucoma surgery
- Low vision services
- Surgery for age-related macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy
- Medical and surgical retina
- Oculoplastic, orbital and reconstructive surgery
- Ophthalmic pathology
- Pediatric eye and vision care
- Brain or nervous system-related eye problems
- Eye misalignment (strabismus)
- Corneal diseases
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Double vision
- Eyelid disorders
- Eye movement disorders
- Glaucoma and other hereditary eye diseases
- Graves' disease
- Lazy eye (amblyopia)
- Low vision
- Macular degeneration
- Retinal and vitreous diseases
- Visual field or acuity loss
Find the care your family needs, close to home, at one of our many locations throughout central Pennsylvania.Find a location near you