Penn State Health Approach to Endocrinology, Diabetes and Thyroid Care
The endocrinology, diabetes and thyroid care team at Penn State Health offers complete care for the endocrine system, which includes hormone-producing glands such as your pituitary, hypothalamus, pancreas, adrenal cortex, thyroid and parathyroid, and gonads. Hormones control many essential functions such as metabolism, growth and sexual development, and a hormone imbalance can have wide-reaching effects on the body.
We’re experts in all types of endocrine disease - from common conditions like diabetes to rare conditions such as multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1, which causes endocrine tumors. As the only academic medical center in central Pennsylvania, you can get innovative treatments and the latest advancements you won’t find anywhere else nearby.
When you come here, you can count on a team-based approach that ensures you get complete care, support and education to take control of your health.
Complete Care for a Full Range of Endocrine and Thyroid Conditions
Our endocrinologists care for a full range of conditions that affect the endocrine system - from high cholesterol to pituitary tumors, thyroid cancer and more. We treat people of all ages, including children with endocrine conditions. We also offer services for those who speak little or no English or are visually impaired or learning disabled.
We’re experts in diagnosing and hormonal and metabolic conditions, offering advanced diagnosis, treatment, education and ongoing support to keep you healthy. Our team of doctors, internists, educators, nutritionists and other specialists give you personal attention to help you feel your best.
Support groups provide an opportunity to share your feelings and connect with other patients and caregivers who are experiencing similar struggles.
Experts in Care
Meet our doctors, view their profiles and select the one that’s right for you.Find a doctor near you
Why Choose Penn State Health for Endocrinology, Diabetes and Thyroid Care
We’re a trusted provider of the latest diagnostic procedures, treatments, and management techniques for patients with endocrine disorders and metabolic problems.
Nationally Recognized Endocrinology, Diabetes and Thyroid Care
Penn State Health is known for providing top-quality care, an experienced team and patient-centered treatment. Families across Pennsylvania choose us for our:
- Proven approach for treating endocrine and metabolic diseases, with more than 13,000 outpatient visits and 2,500 inpatient consults annually - doctors throughout the area refer patients to us
- Unmatched diagnostic testing and imaging capabilities in the region, including SPECT (single proton emission computerized tomography)
- Advanced treatments like transsphenoidal surgery to remove pituitary gland tumors - approaches you can only find at an academic medical center like ours
- Comprehensive diabetes care, including programs focused on the needs of women with gestational diabetes, children and adolescents
- Patient-focused diabetes education, including our Insulin Start-up Program and our Diabetes Self-Management Education Program, recognized by the American Diabetes Association
Expert, Team-Based Care Designed for You
We have experience caring for all types of endocrine and metabolic diseases. Your endocrinologist may bring in a nutritionist, diabetes educator, imaging technologist, nurse educator or other specialists to make sure you get complete care.
Endocrinology, Diabetes and Thyroid Research and Clinical Trials
Our endocrinology specialists are dedicated to improving the quality of life of those with glandular and metabolic conditions. Our researchers are exploring diabetes and its complications, thyroid and parathyroid disease, pituitary disease, adrenal disease and more. Find out if an endocrinology clinical trial is right for you.
Related Services and Treatments
- Endoscopic skull base surgery
- Minimally invasive radio-guided parathyroidectomy surgery
- Minimally invasive radio-guided parathyroid surgery (MIRP)
- Nuclear medicine
- Pediatric endocrinology
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Surgical weight loss (bariatric surgery)
- Transoral robotic surgery (TORS)
- Transsphenoidal surgery
- Adrenal disease
- Cushing's syndrome
- Endocrine and metabolic disease
- Gestational diabetes
- Gonadal disease
- High cholesterol
- Hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism
- Lipid disorders
- Male hypogonadism and infertility
- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (MEN1)
- Pituitary disorders and tumors
- Thyroid and parathyroid conditions
- Thyroid cancer
Find the care your family needs, close to home, at one of our many locations throughout central Pennsylvania.Find a location near you