Due to restrictions from COVID-19, we are accepting a very limited number of applications for those 18 and over for low-risk volunteer roles.
Volunteers at Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center are compassionate helpers who donate their time and skills to support our staff, physicians, patients and their families. Our volunteers are dedicated people who approach their critical roles with the same commitment to excellence as our professional staff.
Volunteering is a wonderful way to contribute to our community. We do our best to match each new volunteer’s skills and talents to the needs of our medical center. We are proud to also open our volunteering program to college students interested in learning more about the medical field and making a difference.
No matter your reason for considering volunteer work, St. Joseph Medical Center is happy you’re here. Feel a sense of accomplishment, learn new skills, get a broader understanding of health care and help give back to the community by becoming a St. Joseph Medical Center volunteer today.
Immediate Volunteer Opportunities
We have immediate needs on our volunteer team for the following positions:
- Receptionists: Individuals are needed in several areas to greet and direct patients. Duties vary by area - some have minimal walking and no computer work, while other positions require escorting patients and some computer and phone skills. We are looking for individuals to do one or two four-hour shifts each week, Monday through Friday.
For immediate volunteer opportunities, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 610-378-2000.
General Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer opportunities at St. Joseph Medical Center include:
- Hand-crafted items for patients: homemade quilts, baby hats and prayer shawls
- Patient services
Volunteer Basic Requirements
At St. Joseph Medical Center, our volunteers are a vital part of our organization. All volunteers must meet the following criteria:
- Able to commit to 50 hours of volunteering in a 12-month period
- At least 18 years of age
- Attend orientation
- Commit to volunteer weekly
- Comply with required immunizations and annual flu vaccine
- Criminal, child abuse and FBI clearance
- Provide references