Dr. Aminsharifi is a urologist at Penn State Health Urology. He graduated from Shiraz University of Medical Sciences in Shiraz, Iran, where he also completed his residency in urology. He completed a fellowship in endourology and urolaparoscopy at Labbafinejad Medical Center, in Tehran, Iran. Later he completed a urologic oncology fellowship at Duke University School of Medicine in Durham, N.C., followed by a fellowship in advanced robotic and laparoscopic surgery at Cleveland Clinic.
As associate professor of urology, Dr. Aminsharifi has performed more than 2,500 advance open, laparoscopic and endoscopic surgical procedures for the management of patients with genitourinary tract cancer. He has received several national awards for his contribution to the field of urology, patient care, research and teaching. Additionally, he received several awards and recognitions during his fellowships at Duke University and Cleveland Clinic. Dr. Aminsharifi has published more than 120 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters and invented the prototypes for four new surgical devices.
Penn State Health Surgery Specialties
We accept a variety of health insurance plans and will submit claims on your behalf. Certain coverage restrictions may apply based on your individual benefit package.
Medical School, Shivaz University of Medical Sciences - 2000
Fellowship, Advanced Urology Oncology Duke University Hospital - 2019
Fellowship, Advanced Robotic/Laparoscopic Surgery Cleveland Clinic Foundation (Ohio) - 2021
Residency, Urology Shivaz University of Medical Sciences - 2004
- Artificial intelligence, 3D printing, augmented/virtual reality in urology
- Clinical trials and outcome studies in Kidney, bladder and prostate cancer
- Designing and manufacturing new patents
- Innovative procedures in minimally invasive surgery
- Advance imaging in Urology
- Robotic and laparoscopic surgery
- Certificate of Recognition for innovative ideas - Awarded by Cleveland Clinic Innovation office
- First prize - Carolina competition on biomedical engineering patents
- GME Caregiver Appreciation Award - Cleveland Clinic, 2019