The Penn State Children’s Hospital Approach to Pediatric Urology
Penn State Children’s Hospital has specialists in urology (urinary system) who are committed to providing excellent care for children and teens with a variety of urologic conditions.
Our urology team treats conditions that involve the kidneys, bladder and sex organs (genitalia). We use the latest technology and treatments to help your child.
Our Experts in Pediatric Urology Care
The experts at Penn State Children’s Hospital are committed to providing our pediatric patients with comprehensive and multidisciplinary care.
We provide care for:
- Hydronephrosis (kidney swelling)
- Kidney infections
- Kidney stones
- Renal tumors
- Ureteropelvic junction (UPJ) obstruction (urine blockage)
- Bladder infections
- Bladder abnormalities
- Epispadias (deformed urethra)
- Exstrophy of the bladder (surgery to fix bladder birth defect)
- Voiding dysfunction (difficulty urinating or feeling the need to urinate often)
- Hydrocele (fluid-filled sac near the testicles)
- Intersex (having both male and female genitals)
- Penis abnormalities
- Tumors in the testicles
- Undescended testicles
- Vaginal abnormalities
- Varicocele (swollen veins inside the scrotum)
- Swelling or dilatation
- Vesicoureteral reflux (condition that causes repeated urinary tract infections)
- Neonatal/pediatric urological obstruction
- Neurogenic bladder (loss of bladder control because of a brain, spinal cord or nerve problem)
- Spina bifida
Support groups provide children and their families an opportunity to connect with others in similar situations. Learn more about the support groups offered at Penn State Children’s Hospital.
Our Convenient Locations
Find the care your family needs, close to home, at one of our many locations throughout central Pennsylvania.Find a Location Near You