Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Hours: 8a - 5p
Recruiter: Please contact Anderson Smith at [email protected] for additional information.
Neurologists with expertise in Neuromuscular Neurology are invited to apply for an open position at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, which is affiliated with Penn State College of Medicine. The successful candidate will join the collegial faculty of Penn State Neurology, which is experiencing an exciting period of growth under the leadership of the Chair, Krish Sathian, MBBS, PhD.
Join our Neurology team now! We are committed to excellent clinical care, teaching, and research. Interested applicants, please send CV and Cover Letter to Anderson Smith, at [email protected].
What we're seeking:
- Medical degree – MD, DO, or foreign equivalent.
- BC/BE in Neurology and Neuromuscular fellowship training or foreign equivalent.
- Strong background and training in EMG leading to BE/BC by ABPN in Clinical Neurophysiology or by ABEM.
- Excellent patient care abilities and interest in teaching.
- Clinical and/or laboratory research interests relevant to neuromuscular neurology.
What we offer:
- Outstanding program with a national reputation.
- Large MDA and Neuromuscular Outpatient Clinics, ALS Center of Excellence, established EMG facilities as part of the Neurophysiology Laboratory with active autonomic testing and neuromuscular ultrasound programs.
- Highly collaborative culture.
- Cutting-edge basic and clinical neuroscience research and top-notch facilities at both the Hershey and the University Park campuses.
- Interaction with dynamic clinicians across all neuroscience-related departments and participation in innovative educational approaches.
- Faculty rank commensurate with experience
- Competitive salary and generous benefits.
- Attractive start-up package for research
Known for the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, Hershey, PA, is rich in history and offers a diverse culture. Our local neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. Outdoor and sporting activities are numerous. We are home to the Hershey Bears hockey team and the Harrisburg Senators baseball team. The Susquehanna River, various ski slopes and the Appalachian Trail are in our backyard, offering many outdoor activities for all seasons.
We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC. We're proud of our community involvement and encourage you to learn more about our organization.
About Penn State Health
Penn State Health is a multi-hospital health system serving patients and communities across 29 counties in central Pennsylvania. It employs more than 16,800 people system-wide. The system includes Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State Children's Hospital, and Penn State Cancer Institute based in Hershey, Pa.; Penn State Health Holy Spirit Medical Center in Camp Hill, Pa.; Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center in Reading, Pa.; Penn State Health Hampden Medical Center in Enola, Pa., and more than 3,000 physicians and direct care providers at more than 90+ unique medical office locations. Additionally, the system jointly operates various health care providers, including Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital, Hershey Outpatient Surgery Center, Hershey Endoscopy Center, Horizon Home Healthcare and Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute. In December 2017, Penn State Health partnered with Highmark Health to facilitate creation of a value-based, community care network in the region. Penn State Health shares an integrated strategic plan and operations with Penn State College of Medicine, the University's medical school. With campuses in State College and Hershey, Pa., the College of Medicine boasts a portfolio of more than $100 million in funded research and more than 1,700 students and trainees in medicine, nursing, other health professions and biomedical research.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email [email protected] or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non Bargained