Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Recruiter: Please contact Ashley Nippert at [email protected] for additional information.
The Department of Neurosurgery at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Penn State College of Medicine is seeking candidates for a Fulltime Medical Neuro-Oncologist. The preferred candidate would be an experienced, mid-career physician with aspirations to lead a medical neuro-oncology program.
- Join highly ranked Neurosurgery program known for outstanding clinical care, innovative research, collaborative faculty, and established neurosurgical residency and fellowship training programs.
- Position is within the Division of Neuro-Oncology and Skull Base Surgery in the Department of Neurosurgery.
- The Division includes three fellowship trained neuro-oncology and skull base surgeons and three medical neuro-oncologists, as well as a dedicated clinical cancer nurse and APP. Excellent support services/departments including dedicated Neuropathology, Neuroradiology, Neuro-ophthalmology, Radiation Oncology and Medical Oncology.
- Unique opportunities for truly multidisciplinary patient care and collaborative research in basic, translational, and clinical science.
- Benefits Include: Vacation time, 10 days of CME, 401k match up to 10%
- MD, MD/PhD, DO or equivalent degree
- BC/BE Neurology or Oncology with completion of a Neuro-Oncology fellowship
- A track record of academic productivity and clinical excellence is required
- The area offers excellent public schools with many ranking in the top 100 in the state.
- Central PA offers vibrant urban areas surrounded by small town rural/suburban communities which affords exceptional cultural opportunities including the Harrisburg Symphony, museums, farmers markets and fine dining.
- For the outdoor enthusiast, we have ample opportunities for hiking - Appalachian Trail and many other trails, biking, boating/rowing - Susquehanna River, skiing, and hunting - surrounded by state game lands.
- Located within a short train ride or drive to New York City, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and Baltimore.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email [email protected] or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non Bargained