St Joseph Medical Group
Work Type: PRN
Hours: 24HR shifts - rounding on days and take call on nights
Recruiter: Please contact Anderson Smith at [email protected] for additional information.
Penn State Health St Joseph Medical Center - is seeking a PRN Neonatologist!
We are committed to excellent clinical care, teaching, and research. Interested applicants, please send CV and Cover Letter to Anderson Smith, at [email protected]
- We are recruiting to have a division of 2 Neonatologists, and 2 Advanced Practice Providers that with provide 24/7 coverage
- This Neonatologist will cover up to 12 beds in a level 2 NICU
- This position will include day time coverage and on call from home. The advanced practice providers work in house 7p-7a and are first call with the physician as back up if needed during those hours.
- Neonatologist Physician will facilitate rounds to provide active management of NICU patients. Including but not limited to vent weaning, nutrition adjustments, lab reviews and meeting with family’s
- A full complement of ancillary staff including excellent administrative support
What we’re seeking:
- Candidates should be board-certified neonatologist
- MD, D.O., or foreign equivalent
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Berks County maintains a perfect balance of urban, rural and suburban settings. Our community offers diverse outdoor and cultural activities, outstanding schools and quality of life with easy accessibility to shore points, airports and major metro areas, such as Philadelphia, Washington, DC and New York City.
About Penn State Health St. Joseph:
Penn State Health St. Joseph is a non-profit network consisting of St. Joseph Medical Center, St. Joseph Downtown Reading Campus, St. Joseph Medical Group and St. Joseph Provider Hospital Organization (PHO). Founded in 1873 by the Sisters of St. Francis, the network provides a full-range of outpatient and inpatient diagnostic, medical and surgical services. The 380,000 sq. ft., 212-bed state-of-the-art hospital and health campus opened in late 2006 on 40 acres in Bern Township. In 2015, St. Joseph Regional Health Network was the first member to transition into Penn State Health, a newly-created non-profit entity of Penn State University.
Routinely ranked among the Top 50 Heart Hospitals in the country in quality metrics, St. Joseph also is nationally certified as a Center of Excellence in Chest Pain, Stroke and Heart Failure. Nursing care at St. Joseph also has earned the distinction as a “Pathways to Excellence” accredited facility.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email [email protected] or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.