The cancer surgeons at Penn State Health provide expert care for patients with cancerous and non-cancerous tumors.
Our team treats conditions and specialize in complex surgeries that affect:
- Biliary tract
- Endocrine organs (including the thyroid gland, parathyroid glands and adrenals)
- Gastrointestinal tract (including the stomach and intestines)
- Skin (melanoma)
- Soft tissues (sarcoma)
Our surgeons have received advanced training in cancer surgery. We are affiliated with the Penn State Cancer Institute. Our care of patients with cancer takes a multidisciplinary approach. This means experts in multiple fields work together in close communication to provide complete cancer care.
When you or a loved one is diagnosed with cancer, our cancer experts and surgeons provide complete care with your convenience in mind. On the day of your visit, you will meet with many of our cancer specialists in one location.
This team of experts meets weekly to discuss all patient care and review diagnoses, radiologic studies and pathology tests. With combined expertise, the team creates a comprehensive personalized treatment plan to meet your individual needs.
Your cancer treatment team may include:
- Surgical oncologists (cancer surgeons)
- Radiation oncologists (doctors who treat cancer using radiation)
- Medical oncologists (cancer doctors)
- Diagnostic and interventional radiologists (doctors who test for cancer and other conditions)
- Gastroenterologists (doctors who specialize in conditions of the stomach and intestines)
- Hepatologists (doctors who specialize in conditions of the liver, gallbladder, pancreas and biliary tract)
- Pathologists (doctors who diagnose cancer and other conditions)
- Transplant surgeons
- Palliative care physicians
- Patient care advocate
- Nursing personnel
Experts in Care
Meet our doctors, view their profiles and select the one that’s right for you.Find a doctor near you
Find the care your family needs, close to home, at one of our many locations throughout central Pennsylvania.Find a location near you