Dr. Bader is a team physician for Penn State Athletics, working with the men's and women's ice hockey, men's and women's gymnastics, baseball, and men's and women's fencing teams. He is also the lead team orthopaedic physician for the State College Spikes, a Single-A minor league affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals.
He cares for orthopaedic problems individuals of all levels from the recreational to professional athlete with the same care and compassion. Working with the patient to design individual programs using both non-operative and operative techniques to get them back to the activities they enjoy. He is actively involved in the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine's "STOP Sports Injuries" campaign.
Penn State Health Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy
We accept a variety of health insurance plans and will submit claims on your behalf. Certain coverage restrictions may apply based on your individual benefit package.
Medical School, Temple University School of Medicine (Pennsylvania) - 2003
Fellowship, Sports Medicine University of California - Los Angeles - 2009
Internship, Surgery, General University at Buffalo - SUNY - 2004
Residency, Orthopedic Surgery University at Buffalo - SUNY - 2008
- Elbow Ulnar Collateral Ligament (UCL) - shear wave elastrophy
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) landing study evaluating the difference between female ice hockey and field hockey.
- Opioid use prevalence over 10 year period following common knee arthroscopic procedures
- Distal biceps repair biomechanical study
- Medial patellofemoral Ligament (MPFL)
- Distal biceps case series
- Athletic injuries and injury prevention
- Functional gait analysis using drones
- 2016 Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CG CAHPS) Peak Performer-for Extraordinary Patient Satisfaction
- 2001 Certificate for Outstanding Community Services, Temple University Medical School
- 1995 NCAA High Bar finalist
- Wally Hayes Award - awarded to a Temple University male gymnast for leadership
- 1995 Academic All-American
- 2008 Peter A. Casagrande, MD Award, State University of New York at Buffalo - for outstanding performance in Orthopaedic residency
- 1993-1995 Team captain for Temple University's Men's Gymnastics Team
- Peter A. Casagrande, MD Award - For outstanding performance in orthopaedic residency at the State University of New York at Buffalo
- 2002 Treen Memorial Scholarship, Temple University Medical School