Daniel Schlegel, MD, MHA was born and raised in Lebanon, Pennsylvania. He studied biology and psychology as a Neuroscience major at Franklin and Marshall College in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and then graduated from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine in Philadelphia. He completed his Family Medicine residency training at Lancaster General Hospital before joining the faculty at Penn State Health.
Dr. Schlegel has been involved in teaching medical students and resident physicians since 2006 and has been the recipient of Teaching Awards from both residents and students. He has a special interest in the administrative and policy aspects of healthcare in the United States and he completed a Master's Degree in Health Administration from Penn State University. He sees patients at his office with the Penn State Health Medical Group: Middletown and he has been recognized for "Extraordinary Patient Satisfaction" at Penn State Health.
We accept a variety of health insurance plans and will submit claims on your behalf. Certain coverage restrictions may apply based on your individual benefit package.
Medical School, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine - 2003
Residency, Family Medicine Lancaster General Hospital (Pennsylvania) - 2006
- Graduate Medical Education, health system administration, and organizational communication
- Physician 40 Under 40, Selected by the Board of Trustees of the Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Measey Scholarship in International Geriatrics - University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, University of Edinburgh - Granted to study Geriatrics in Edinburgh, Scotland - 2002
- Fellowship, National Institute for Program Director Development - 2014-2015
- Faculty Teaching Award, Penn State Family Medicine Residency Program
- Exceptional Teacher, Department of Family and Community Medicine
- Exceptional Role Model, Department of Family and Community Medicine
- Chairman’s Achievement Award, Department of Family and Community Medicine
- Best Doctors in America (peer selected) - 2013, 2014
- Degree of Fellow, American Academy of Family Physicians
- Program Director Recognition Award, Presented by the Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors
- Medical Group Dean’s List: Extraordinary Patient Satisfaction, In recognition of scoring in or above the 99th percentile among providers nationwide
- Hershey Hero, Based on recognition by patients for clinical care