From free Wi-Fi to in-house dining, play areas, and a gift shop, Penn State Children’s Hospital offers a variety of amenities to make your experience as pleasant and easy as possible
Make your stay more comfortable
Waiting areas, lounges, and play areas
We have many spaces for you to connect with visitors or let your children play. Spaces include:
- Primary waiting areas on the third and fourth floors of the Children’s Hospital
- Family spaces, including a Family Resource Center, the Ronald McDonald Family Room, and a Family Lounge
- Roof garden, with access from the third floor of the Children’s Hospital
- A Teen Lounge on the seventh floor of the main hospital with books, a TV, and games
- Sibling playrooms and a performance area
Enjoy our many in-house dining options, including the Tree House Café, Starbucks Coffee, and Au Bon Pain.
Enjoy free Wi-Fi throughout Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. To connect:
- Select ATT Wi-Fi from your laptop or mobile device.
- Open your browser.
- Agree to terms and services.
No sign-in is required.
Each patient room is equipped with a telephone. There is no charge for local calls or calls to other extensions within the Children’s Hospital or Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
- To call other rooms and departments inside the Children’s Hospital and Hershey Medical Center, dial the four- or six-digit extension.
- To call local numbers, dial “9” first, followed by the telephone number.
- To call long distance, you need to use a calling card or call collect. Dial “9” and then “0” to access a long-distance operator.
Shop at our gift shop or pharmacy
Our gift shop is open daily and is located near the surgical waiting area at the Hershey Medical Center.
Visit our retail pharmacy on the first floor of the main hospital to fill your discharge prescriptions. Call 717-531-1272 or extension 1272 from a Children’s Hospital or Hershey Medical Center phone for more information.
Use our campus map (PDF) to locate one of the four ATMs that are available on campus. The ATMs are at the following locations:
- Next to the gift shop - this is the closest ATM to the Children’s Hospital
- Near the main entrance of the University Physicians Center
- First floor of the Academic Support Building
- East Campus near the Eastside Café
Access other amenities
Washers and dryers are available on the third and fourth floors. We provide complimentary detergent and dryer sheets.
Lost and found
We tag identifiable items that are left in a patient care area and keep them in that unit. The staff will contact you and will store the item(s) on the unit for seven days.
If we find unidentifiable items within the Hershey Medical Center, we turn them into the main information desk where they are kept for 60 days. Please remember to label your personal items in case they get lost.
Santa makes a cyber-stop
As Santa Claus puts finishing touches on his list and checks it twice every year, he takes the time out of his busy schedule to talk with our kids. The Child Life Program and Cisco Systems arranged for the connection between the North Pole and our Children’s Hospital. Our kids have the opportunity to pass along their wishes directly to Santa via a video monitor and web-enabled camera.