St Joseph Medical Group
Work Type: Full Time
Hours: 7p-7a 7 on 7 off
Minimum Hourly Rate: $56.25
Recruiter: Please contact Esther Zechman at [email protected] for additional information.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Diagnose and treat acute, episodic, or chronic illness, independently or as part of a healthcare team. May focus on health promotion and disease prevention. May order, perform, or interpret diagnostic tests such as lab work and x-rays. May prescribe. Works in an inpatient critical care area that also provides mechanical circulatory support.
- Graduate of an AMA approved Physician Assistant Program or baccalaureate or higher degree program that meets licensure requirements in the State of employment
- National Certification in State of employment or in another State with reciprocity and licensure to practice in the State of employment
- Minimum two (2) years in Critical Care managing Cardiac Surgery patients
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- ICU critical care experience
- Two (2) years experience as a physician assistant
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email [email protected] or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.