All too often, even the basics of healthcare for patients are complex and confusing. At Penn State Health, we are committed to making your experience as easy as possible.
To request an appointment, please call us at 717-234-2561. If you have an urgent medical problem or need to reschedule an existing appointment, please call us.
Your First Visit
To help us provide you with the best patient experience possible, please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time and bring the following with you:
- Completed New Pulmonary Patient Form or Sleep Patient Form
- Completed Sleep Diary and Epworth Sleepiness Scale
- Insurance card and driver’s license or other state or federal photo ID
- Referral from your primary care physician, if required by your insurance company
- List of all prescription and over-the-counter medications you are taking, including doses
- Recent chest X-rays or CT scans if available
- Recent test results related to your condition
- List of prior surgeries and medical history
Please also allow an extended amount of time for your first visit, as tests may be conducted such as a pulmonary function test and an exercise test.
Additionally, please review these policy documents prior to your visit:
Insurance and Billing
We accept a variety of health insurance plans and will submit claims on your behalf. Certain coverage restrictions may apply based on your individual benefit package. Please check with your health insurance carrier to see if Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is part of your insurance plan network. If you receive services from a provider who is in your insurance plan network, you may receive the highest level of benefits. If you receive services from a provider who is not in your insurance plan network, the insurance plan may require out of network authorizations and pay at a lower level of benefits.
If you do not have insurance coverage or are in need of assistance with balances remaining after insurance processing, our financial counselors can assist in determining whether you qualify for a special program, payment plan, or charity.
Questions about insurance coverage
Contact us at 717-234-2461
Call Center Hours
Monday – Friday: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.