Drs. Andrews and Patel began their private practice on July 4, 1985, at the current West Shore office on Trindle Road in Camp Hill. The homelike atmosphere of the original residential property has been carefully preserved through major additions and modifications over the years. The original fireplace in the reception area and a lovely garden view from the picture windows add to the comfortable feeling.
Over time, the practice has grown to include additional physicians and advanced practice providers. In late 2001, we opened our second office on Union Deposit Road in Harrisburg. Currently, each office has 24 treatment chairs, in-house pharmacies, and laboratories, as well as care coordinators to assist with patients’ social and financial needs.
Though we’ve grown to a staff of more than 70 healthcare professionals, our mission, vision, and values remain consistent and strong.
Oncology Care Model Participation
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) Innovation Center formally launched the Oncology Care Model (OCM), a five-year voluntary pilot project intended to improve the quality of cancer treatment. In total, 192 physician practices, including Andrews Patel Hematology/Oncology, and 14 payers are participating in the OCM. As part of our commitment to quality, all patients at Andrews Patel can expect:
- A detailed care plan, including a financial estimate of costs.
- Full access to a clinician with medical records.
- Standardized telephone triage to better manage symptoms from home. We encourage patients to call us early and call us often.
- Use of cancer treatments consistent with nationally recognized guidelines.
- New patient education tools that can be given to patients in the office and added to the medical record. These are accessible in the patient portal.
- Tracking of test results through the electronic medical record.
- Care coordinators who will continue to offer support with insurance benefits and completing any paperwork needed to obtain medications. While available here at Andrews Patel for quite some time, this service is also a component of the pilot.
As the only participant in the Harrisburg region, Andrews Patel Hematology/Oncology demonstrates its commitment to innovation and to improving the overall patient experience, through this partnership with CMS. Our goals are to improve the care and outcomes of the patients we care for and to be an active participant in the health care transformation process.
Read the Capital Blue Cross press release announcing Andrews Patel Hematology/Oncology's participation in their Oncology Medical Home program.
Blue Distinction® Center for Cancer Care
At Andrews Patel, we believe that the best care involves partnerships between your medical providers and between your medical providers and your insurer. As part of our commitment to your comprehensive care, we have embraced the Medical Home Model. In this model, every member of your care team is focused on patient and family needs, coordinating all aspects of your care, and communicating with other medical providers.
Having achieved consistent performance on patient safety and outcome measures, Andrews Patel is proud to be recognized as a Blue Distinction Centers (BDC) for cancer care by the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.
Office Hours and On Call Services
Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Phones are answered from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Fridays. A physician is on call at all times when the offices are closed and can be reached by calling the office phone number. As a patient, you have the choice to be served at UPMC Pinnacle Harrisburg Hospital or Geiseinger Holy Spirit, as all Andrews Patel physicians have privileges at each.