In 1991, Dr. Eve Kimball opened All About Children Pediatric Partners (AACPP) at 326 North Fifth Street in Reading, Pa. in a 1,200 square foot retail clothing store.
In 1995, AACPP grew too large for its quarters and moved to the former Mann School of Business/St. Joseph clinic site at 132 South Fifth Street in Reading. That same year, it became the first private practice Reach Out and Read site in the nation. Since that time, AAC has distributed more than 200,000 books to preschoolers and National Geographic magazines, books, and cookbooks to older children at their checkups and follow-up or ill visits.
In 2001, AACPP moved to 301 Penn Avenue, Suite 200, after renovations. The practice has a long history of welcoming persons from diverse backgrounds and provides state of the art, culturally appropriate services for them. Our staff reflect the diversity of our community.
On June 25, 2008, the team began practicing at 655 Walnut Street (7th Avenue and Walnut Street) in West Reading. This facility is easily recognized thanks to beautiful murals depicting the years and activities of children from age 0 – 18. Mike Miller of Berks Community Murals, Andrew Ponchan of the Yocum Institute, and art education students of Wyomissing High School are the creative talent behind our 43 murals. The 16,000 plus square-foot facility was remodeled especially for the practice. It was designed with infection-prevention strategies such as direct exhausting of air from patient areas to the outside, 28 examining rooms, and in 2020 curbside visits. Visitors should see if they can identify Beethoven’s Fifth and Brahms’ Lullaby in the clouds on the building’s parapets.
In 2019, AACPP joined Penn State Health and became Penn State Health Medical Group - All About Children, expanding children’s access to comprehensive health care services close to home. Read more about our expansion.
Mission and Values
Our mission and values to our families is to provide the finest quality preventive and acute pediatric care regardless of life situation or challenges in a caring, understanding, and competent manner, sensitive to cultures and privacy concerns.
As your medical home we will:
- Help our families achieve the best possible health for their children
- See our patient as a whole, and advocate for healthy lifestyle, oral health and emotional well being
- Strive for all our patients to be fully immunized. We strongly believe in the efficacy and safety of vaccines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Protection
- Encourage keeping up-to-date with vaccination and age-appropriate screening tests
- Work with you and other care providers (specialists and therapists) to coordinate care, if needed
- Be available to your family 24/7 via our on-call doctors and nurse answering service
- Expect you to notify us within 24 hours if you cannot keep your scheduled appointment
Focus on Quality
- Penn State Health Medical Group - All About Children has been recognized in Berks County as a resource for children with special abilities since 1991. We have participated in the national American Academy of Pediatrics Medical Home project since 1992 and now participate in of the Pennsylvania Academy of Pediatrics Medical Home Initiative to provide outstanding services for care of children with special abilities (such as autism, diabetes, mental challenges, asthma, cystic fibrosis and foster care).
- National Council on Quality Assurance - Level 3 status was awarded to AAC in 2016
- We take time to discuss concerns with families, partner with them, and provide education on Asthma, vaccinations, as well as suggestions for healthy living to prevent obesity.
- Our Care Coordinators and Intake Specialists work with families to obtain care and resources appropriate for their needs.
- Children and young adults receive extra tender loving care from our friendly and courteous staff.
- A language line is available 24/7 for quality translation services.
- Free vaccines for children are available on site.
- Our triage nurses are especially skilled and helpful to parents. They will contact your physician or nurse practitioner if your question is beyond their scope of knowledge.
- Physicians are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for urgent/emergency problems
- AAC was the first private practice Reach Out and Read site in the nation. Since 1996, children of all ages have received more than 200,000 new or gently used books or National Geographic magazines at their checkups.
- Asthma education, resources and supplies, as well as suggestions for diet, exercise and healthy living to prevent obesity are available to all of our patients.
- Plenty of free parking is adjacent to the office, and a bus stop is located two blocks away.
We’re proud of our participation in these Quality Projects
- Chronic otitis media
- Asthma tracking tool
- Asthma management
- Medical Home Project - Pennsylvania Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics (ongoing)
- Newborn screening
- Bright Futures evaluation
- Child abuse prevention
- Neurodevelopmental evaluation of motor development
- Oral health in pediatric practice
- Genetics in pediatric practice
- Transitions to adult physicians
- Many of our projects are accomplished in partnership with the American Academy of Pediatrics Quality Improvement Innovation Networks’ Practice Improvement Network and the American Board of Pediatrics Maintenance of Certification program.