Dr. Sarah Horvath is an obstetrician and gynecologist at Penn State Health Obstetrics and Gynecology. Following graduation from the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, she completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in New York. At the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, Dr. Horvath completed both her fellowship in family planning and her master's degree in health policy research.
As the inaugural Darney/Landy Fellow at the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), Dr. Horvath developed content for a new program, Training and Optimizing Care in Pregnancy Loss. She also brought an evidence-based, patient-centered family planning perspective to internal ACOG meetings and external coalitions and conferences, represented ACOG in the media and strengthened its Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC) Fellow rotation through the creation of a comprehensive advocacy curriculum. Dr. Horvath's career is focused on research, education and advocacy to improve access to comprehensive reproductive health care for all women.
Penn State Health Obstetrics and Gynecology
We accept a variety of health insurance plans and will submit claims on your behalf. Certain coverage restrictions may apply based on your individual benefit package.
Medical School, University of Chicago-Pritzker School of Medicine (Illinois) - 2012
Fellowship, Family Planning Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (Penn Medicine) - 2018
Residency, Obstetrics/Gynecology Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center (New York) - 2016
- Access to reproductive health care including mifepristone
- Resident education in Family Planning
- Rh immunization in the first trimester
- Improving access to comprehensive reproductive health care through patient services
- Research and advocacy
- Resident training and medical student education
- 2015 - The Ryan Program Resident Award for Excellence in Family Planning
- 2016 - PGY-4 Resident Teaching Award
- 2018 - Society of Family Planning Researcher-in-Training Award