Samantha Butts, MD MSCE is a Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Chief of the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. In this role, she specializes in treating individuals and couples who require fertility treatments in order to achieve pregnancy. She has extensive experience providing the full spectrum of state-of-the art infertility treatment services to meet the needs of those seeking care who are single, coupled, LGBTQ, and those whose complex medical histories impact their reproductive health. These treatments include ovulation induction, intrauterine insemination, in vitro fertilization, preimplantation genetic testing and egg and embryo cryopreservation. As a reproductive endocrinologist, Dr. Butts also has expertise in managing conditions such as amenorrhea, premature ovarian failure, surgical menopause, endometriosis, polycystic ovary syndrome, and uterine fibroids. Prior to joining the team at Hershey Medical Center, Dr. Butts spent 15 years as a member of the University of Pennsylvania Reproductive Endocrinology faculty group where she established a busy clinical practice and a successful research program studying factors that influence fertility, early pregnancy and reproductive aging.
We accept a variety of health insurance plans and will submit claims on your behalf. Certain coverage restrictions may apply based on your individual benefit package.
Medical School, Harvard Medical School, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - 1999
Fellowship, Reproductive Endocrinology Hospital of University of Pennsylvania - 2005
Internship, OB/GYN Hospital of University of Pennsylvania - 1999
Residency, OB/GYN Hospital of University of Pennsylvania - 2002
- Early Pregnancy Loss
- Maternal Nutritional Status and Fertility
- Reproductive Health Equity
- Reproductive Aging and Menopausal States
- Graduate Medical Education and Women's Health Outcomes
- Reproductive Health Education using Online Platforms and Precision Learning
- National Faculty Award, The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and The Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2011
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor, 2015-2020
- Philadelphia Magazine's Top Doctors, 2017-2020
- Exceptional Women In Medicine, 2019, 2020