Dr. Hussein is an Associate Professor of Medicine at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine.
He is a Fellow of the Infectious Diseases Society of America. This fellowship honors individuals who have achieved professional excellence and provided significant service to the profession. Dr. Hussein is also a Fellow of the American College of Physicians. He attended the University of Mosul, College of Medicine and completed his Internal Medicine residency at the Capital Health System-Fuld Campus in Trenton, NJ. Dr. Hussein completed infectious diseases fellowship at the West Virginia University School of Medicine in Morgantown, WV.
He is board certified in internal medicine and infectious diseases. He is certified by the American Academy of HIV medicine. Dr. Hussein holds Certificate of Knowledge in Clinical Tropical Medicine and Travelers' Health.
We accept a variety of health insurance plans and will submit claims on your behalf. Certain coverage restrictions may apply based on your individual benefit package.
Medical School, Mosul College of Medicine, University of Mosul - 1992
Fellowship, Infectious Diseases West Virginia University Hospitals (Morgantown) - 2006
Residency, Internal Medicine Capital Health System-Fuld Campus (New Jersey) - 2003
- General infectious diseases
- Infection prevention and control
- Medical education
- A Thank You Letter from Lewis Gale Regional Health System’s President for an exceptional level of professionalism while providing Infectious Diseases coverage during the multistate fungal meningitis outbreak, 2012
- A Thank You Note, Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center for leadership in driving a successful sepsis initiative, which resulted in the lowest in-hospital sepsis mortality among all the regional facilities of Hospital Corporation of America, 2014
- AMA Physician’s Recognition Award in Continued Medical Education, 2003
- Dean's Award of Excellence in Teaching, 2020
- East Tennessee State University, College of Medicine - Outstanding Clinical, Teaching and Research Achievements, June 2010
- Exceptional Teacher Recognition, Penn State College of Medicine, 2020
- Exceptional Teacher Recognition, Penn State College of Medicine, 2021
- Hospital Corporation of America Record Award, in recognition of outstanding creation of Infectious Diseases Electronic Medical Records, 2012
- Letter of Recognition for Outstanding Performance, Sulaimani University Teaching Hospital, 1993
- Patients' Choice recognition award, 2008, 2009
- Penn State College of Medicine, Medical Group Dean’s List, Extraordinary Patient Satisfaction: In recognition of scoring in or above the 99th percentile among providers nationwide, Q3-FY 2018
- Third Year Internal Medicine Resident Recognition Award for Best Exemplifying Caring, Compassion, Integrity, Respect, Service and Team Work, 2003
- Third Year Resident Best Performance Award, Internal Medicine In-Training Examination, 2003
- Honored by the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) as distinguished physician and elected a Fellow of IDSA, August, 2011
- Ranked in the first 10% graduates, University of Mosul College of Medicine