About MeMary Joyce Buliyat, MD, was born and raised in the Philippines. She graduated from the University of the Philippines with a BS in Psychology and completed her medical education at the University of the East, Philippines. She then completed her Family and Community Medicine Residency at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, where she received many awards including the Joseph P. Bering Most Outstanding Resident and The Best Senior Resident Award. As a resident, she also received several certificates for Exceptional Teacher and Exceptional Role Model from Penn State College of Medicine students. Dr. Buliyat enjoys teaching and joined the faculty as one of the core faculty members for the residency program. She completed a Junior Faculty Development Program at Penn State College of Medicine. Her interests include the use of team-based learning in teaching evidence-based guidelines to residents.
Penn State Health Medical Group - Palmyra
We accept a variety of health insurance plans and will submit claims on your behalf. Certain coverage restrictions may apply based on your individual benefit package.
Medical School, University of the East - 2002
Residency, Family Medicine Milton S. Hershey Medical Center - 2011
- Advising and Clinical Skills Advising
- Medical Student & Resident Teaching
- Team-Based Learning in evidence-based guidelines
- Exceptional Role Model, Medical Student Award, Penn State University College of Medicine - 2010, 2011, 2014
- Exceptional Teacher, Medical Student Award - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
- Joseph P. Bering, M.D. Most Outstanding Resident Award, Penn State Hershey Medical Center/Good Samaritan Hospital Family and Community Medicine Residency Program - 2011
- Most Outstanding Senior Resident Award, Penn State Hershey Medical Center/Good Samaritan Hospital Family & Community Medicine Residency Program - 2011
- Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Award -- 90th Percentile Nationwide - 2011 thru present
- The Dean's Award for Excellence in Teaching, Penn State University College of Medicine - 2013