Aaron Shedlock, MD, is a pediatrician and the pediatric residency program director in the Penn State Health Children’s Hospital Department of Pediatrics.
Dr. Shedlock grew up outside Pittsburgh and majored in chemistry and psychology at the University of Virginia. He completed medical school at the Penn State College of Medicine and his pediatric residency at Children's National Medical Center, Washington, D.C. He was a faculty member at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) prior to returning to Penn State Health in 2019.
During his education, Dr. Shedlock was elected to the Phi Beta Kappa, Gold Humanism and Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Societies. He was selected by his faculty and peers as most outstanding pediatric resident physician at graduation in 2014, as well as residency Educator of the Year at UNLV in 2016.
At Penn State Health, Dr. Shedlock is a member of the Pediatrics' Council for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. As pediatric residency program director, he oversees the recruitment, orientation and training of pediatric resident physicians.
He was elected co-chair of the Association of Pediatric Program Directors mid-Atlantic region in 2021, where he represents 17 pediatric residency programs across four states and the District of Columbia. He has been named a Top Educator in the Department of Pediatrics at Penn State Health Children's Hospital each year since his return and was awarded the Penn State College of Medicine Dean's Award for Excellence in Teaching in 2021.
Penn State Health Children's Heart Group
We accept a variety of health insurance plans and will submit claims on your behalf. Certain coverage restrictions may apply based on your individual benefit package.
Medical School, Penn State College of Medicine - 2011
Residency, Pediatrics Children's National Medical Center - Pediatrics - 2014
- Medical Education
- Quality Improvement
- Screening/Prevention of General Pediatric Disorders
- Curriculum design
- Graduate Medical Education
- 2010 Richard W. and Marcia D. Geller Excellence Scholarship, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, awarded for “Manifesting Promise of Outstanding Academic Success in Pediatric or Adolescent Medicine”
- 2011 Merck Award, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, awarded for “excellence in academic performance”
- 2012, 2013, 2014 Resident Teaching Award, Children’s National Medical Center, awarded for “excellence in mentoring and teaching students”
- 2014 Doctor Maynard I. Cohen Memorial Award, Children’s National Medical Center, awarded to most outstanding graduating pediatric resident
- 2016 Educator of the Year, University of Nevada School of Medicine
- 2020 and 2021 "Top Educator in the Department of Pediatrics", Penn State Health Children's Hospital
- 2021 Dean's Award for Excellence in Teaching - Penn State College of Medicine
- 2003 Valedictorian, Norwin Senior High School
- 2004 Echols Scholar Honors Program, University of Virginia, chosen for academic achievement
- 2007 Phi Beta Kappa (PBK) Honor Society, University of Virginia, inducted on academic achievement
- 2010 Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) Honor Medical Society, inducted on academic achievement
- 2010 Gold Humanism Honor Society (GHHS), Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, peer selected
- 2021-2024 Elected as Co-Chairman of the Association of Pediatric Program Directors (APPD) Mid-Atlantic Region
- 2022 Inducted to the Norwin Senior High School Distinguished Alumni for Outstanding Accomplishments in the Field of Medicine and Education