Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Recruiter: Please contact Anderson Smith at [email protected] for additional information.
Penn State Health Children’s Hospital Division of Pediatric Pulmonology - Sleep Medicine is seeking a Pediatric Pulmonology – Sleep Medicine Physician.
Join our Division of Pediatric Pulmonology - Sleep Medicine now! We are committed to excellent clinical care, teaching, and research. Interested applicants, please send CV and Cover Letter to Anderson Smith, at [email protected] .
- We are a division of 9 physicians (7 full time) and 6 NP/PA’s.
- A full complement of ancillary staff including excellent administrative support, a social worker, dietician/nutritionist, CF nurse coordinator and other nursing support, and two clinical research nurse coordinators.
- Penn State Health has a 16 bed sleep lab that we share with adult medicine in which we have 4+ Pediatric beds.
- Currently, our staffing model has 1.4 FTE Sleep Medicine physicians and a 0.4 FTE NP staffing the sleep program.
- In addition, we are an accredited CF center and have programs in home ventilation, non-invasive ventilation, neuromuscular diseases, sickle cell disease, apnea, severe asthma, BPD +/- PH, aerodigestive disease, etc. We also offer flexible fiberoptic bronchoscopy and have a dedicated procedure room for procedures.
What we’re seeking:
- We are seeking someone trained in Pediatric Pulmonology and Pediatric sleep medicine.
- M.D., D.O., or foreign equivalent
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania BC/BE
- An interest in research would be supported but is not required.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Sign on bonus and Relocation assistance,
- CME time and funds,
- LTD and Life insurance, and so much more!
- Penn State University tuition discount for employees and dependents
Our freestanding Children’s Hospital just underwent a vertical expansion due to accommodate pediatric needs in central PA is located near Harrisburg (Our state capital) and is a safe, family-friendly location, with access to excellent public schools. Hershey, PA, our local neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. Known as the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, Hershey's community is rich in history and offers an abundant range of outdoor activities, arts, and diverse experiences. We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC. We're proud of our community involvement and encourage you to learn more about our organization.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email [email protected] or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non bargained