Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Recruiter: Please contact Erica Moyer at [email protected] for additional information.
Child Outpatient Psychiatrist Opportunity in Hershey, PA
About the Position:
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health is seeking an outpatient Child Psychiatrist to work at either of our two outpatient clinical sites.
The primary outpatient behavioral health site in Hershey PA provides a range of clinical services, with approximately 40,000 visits per year and opportunities to collaborate in clinical research programs. We also offer behavioral health services in a brand new multispecialty 47,000 square foot pediatric outpatient center in Lancaster, PA.
Across sites, we run general and specialty programs offering assessment, medication treatments and evidence-based group and individual counseling. We employ a team approach integrating MD/PhD faculty, advanced practice clinicians and master level therapists working together to provide family-centered care. There are opportunities to train and mentor child psychiatry fellows as well as a variety of other learners and to guide programmatic development at both sites. All required calls are phone back-up to residents with the option of additional compensation for doing in-person calls.
About the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health:
As the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health for Penn State College of Medicine and the Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, we are committed to enhancing the quality of life through improved mental and behavioral health, the professional preparation of those who will serve the mental and behavioral health needs of others, and the discovery of knowledge that will benefit all. We achieve excellence through the integration of education, research, patient care, and service to the community. We use the resources of Penn State University as an R1 land grant university, and strengths in neurosciences, methodology, and social and biological sciences, to discover new ways to improve the lives of people with mental and behavioral illness.
We host specialty clinical and research programs, including research that crosses the translational spectrum. Our educational programs include psychiatry residency, psychiatry child and adolescent fellowship, psychology internship, psychology externship, and psychology post-doctoral fellows. We have a strong collaboration with basic and clinical science in other neuroscience and public health disciplines across several Penn State campuses.
With our clinical partner, the Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute (PPI), located in downtown Harrisburg, PA, we have a full spectrum of care including 89 inpatient beds, partial hospital programs, neuromodulation services, an Advancement In Recovery addiction treatment program, and general and specialty outpatient programs for children and adults. Services through Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center include programs in general and specialty adult and child psychiatry and psychology, adult partial hospital, sleep medicine and behavioral sleep medicine, eating disorders, psychiatry and addiction consultation/ liaison, and integrated care with primary care and medical/surgical specialties. To better serve the needs of our regional community, we completed a programmatic expansion of our child mental and behavioral health services including opening an inpatient child unit, expanding child therapy services and doubling the size of consultation and liaison teams.
What We’re Offering:
- Join a vibrant academic medical center with nearly 50% of psychiatry faculty in the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Opportunity to be considered for the role of Vice Chair, Diversity
- Full-time position that includes a faculty appointment within the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health at the Penn State College of Medicine. Academic rank commensurate with qualifications, starting at least as an Assistant Professor, non-tenure track.
- Opportunities to teach trainees
- Supportive environment for research initiatives with talented, academically oriented faculty
- Robust mentorship programs and staff infrastructure designed to support faculty
- Attractive compensation package commensurate with qualifications
- Medical, dental and vison coverage (no waiting period)
- 5% employer 401k match after 6 months of employment
- 20 days of vacation and 10 days of CME (plus funds) for full-time employees
- 75% Penn State Tuition Remission for employees, dependent children and spouses
- Relocation assistance
- Comprehensive Total Rewards package includes Relocation Assistance, CME, PSU Tuition Discount, and so much more
What We’re Seeking:
- Must possess a MD, or DO
- Completion of accredited residency program; and child fellowship program (for positions that include treatment of children and adolescents)
- BC/BE in general and child psychiatry is required with certification within 3 years after hire
- Ability to acquire a medical license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and a DEA certificate
- Successful candidates should have strong teaching as well as clinical skills and, optimally, potential for scientific and scholarly achievement
To apply, please send a CV and letter of interest to:
Erica Moyer, Physician Recruiter
Penn State Health
About the Area:
Hershey, PA and its surrounding communities offer great places to live, learn, work, play and grow a family. In addition to being the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, the region is rich in history and diverse in culture. Minutes from Pennsylvania’s bustling capital, Harrisburg, and the vibrant cities of Lancaster and York, the area boasts superb schools and reasonable cost of living whether you prefer to live in a quiet suburban or rural setting or a thriving city atmosphere rich in theater, arts, and restaurants. Near the Susquehanna River and the Appalachian trail and with ready access to major metropolitan areas like Washington, D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia, and New York City, central Pennsylvania fosters a delightful quality of life in a diverse, picturesque and historic environment, with ample recreational opportunities.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email [email protected] or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non Bargained