At Children’s Hospital, family-centered care is our culture. We believe families are an extension of the patient and partners in their child's care.
As Care Providers at Children’s Hospital, we are committed to:
- Providing the highest quality and safest care for your child;
- Promoting health, wellness, and prevention;
- Maintaining open and effective communication;
- Performing at the highest level of our capability;
- Treating your child as if he or she were our own;
- Focusing on meeting your child’s needs, as well as yours;
- Attending to fear, pain and discomfort;
- Increasing your confidence in the care we are providing; and
- Taking “ownership” and responsibility for both problems and solutions.
Opened in 2013, our 263,000 square-foot, five-story hospital, added more pediatric beds for enhanced access to nationally-ranked care in central Pennsylvania.
|Licensed pediatric beds||146|
|Pediatric acute care beds||18|
|Pediatric hematology/oncology beds||18|
|Pediatric intensive care unit beds||36|
|Pediatric intermediate care unit beds||36|
|Pediatric neonatal intensive care unit beds||56|
|Pediatric operating and procedure rooms||8|
|Rehabilitation beds (Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital)||10|
|Pediatric psychiatry beds (Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute)||16|
|Pediatric outpatient visits||150,000+|
|Play rooms and family lounges||8|
|Private rooms with fold-out couches and reclining chairs for family members||72|
If you have questions, including media inquiries, contact the Office of Marketing and Communications at 717-531-8606 (Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-5 p.m.).