Need to see a neurosurgeon? With the Penn State Health Neurosurgery OnDemand service, you can get expert care without leaving home.
We Bring Expertise to You
We understand it's not always convenient to see a neurosurgeon when you need to. With OnDemand, we bring a neurosurgeon to you.
You can see a neurosurgery practitioner by video on your smartphone, tablet or computer. It's secure and easy to use. You can even have a family member join your virtual visit to help take part in managing your health - no matter where they are.
You will receive a full consultation with your provider, a diagnosis, a personalized treatment plan and prescriptions, if needed. If you need further evaluation or treatment, your provider may decide to schedule you for an in-person follow-up visit to our clinic.
Please have any records related to your diagnosis and prior care available at the time of your telehealth visit.
If you would like to submit your records before your telehealth visit, please fax them to 717-531-0793.
Schedule a Virtual Visit
To schedule your virtual appointment:
- Call 717-531-3828.
- Choose option 2, and then choose option 1.
- Provide your email address to complete the scheduling process.
You must be enrolled in Penn State Health OnDemand before you can schedule your visit. If you have technical difficulties during the enrollment process, our schedulers (at the number above) can help you enroll and schedule your appointment.
It’s free to sign up. You can use your smart phone or computer:
- To download the mobile app, search for Penn State Health OnDemand at the Apple Store for iPhone or the Google Play Store for Android.
- On your computer, visit PennStateHealthOnDemand.com. Be sure to use the Google Chrome browser for the best experience.
How to Enroll
It’s quick and easy. Fill in all the fields on the next three screens:
- On the sign-up screen, type in your information, and press Sign Up.
- Fill in all the fields on the next screen, and press Continue.
- Answer the health insurance question, and click Finish.
The next screen will confirm you've completed registration. Now that you're enrolled, you can schedule an appointment with a specialist right away.
Sign Up for the Patient Portal
Please sign up for the patient portal to get additional information on the telehealth setup process before your telehealth visit. Once you’re signed up you can easily share additional patient-related information (outside records, labs, blood pressure results, etc.) once you log in.
Before Your Visit
After you make your first appointment, you will receive an email to help you prepare.
Mobile Phone or Tablet Setup
When you open the OnDemand app, the first screen will ask to access your location, which allows us to find nearby pharmacies if you need a prescription. You will be prompted to enable push notifications for appointments and access to the microphone and camera. This is necessary to see and talk to the providers and to complete the mobile tech check.
- Click Allow While Using App.
- Click Allow to get appointment notifications, including text reminders.
- Click OK to allow the app to access your microphone for the visit.
- Click OK to enable the app to access your camera for the visit.
Desktop or Laptop Setup
These instructions may vary depending on the web browser you use. Google Chrome is the preferred browser for a more user-friendly experience.
First, log in to your account with your email and password. You can either go to pennstatehealthondemand.com and log in, or use the appointment link from the email. If you use the link, click Get Started, and then click Continue in the browser window. This will take you to the login page.
Once you're logged in, you will go through a step-by-step virtual intake process by completing the following screens:
- Get Started. Fill in your phone number, in case the provider needs to call you to follow up. You also may invite someone, such as a family member, to join your visit. Click Continue when you're finished.
- Your Visit. This screen lets you enter what you want to discuss during your visit. At the bottom of the screen, you need to acknowledge receipt of the Notice of Privacy Practices (click the link to read them). Click Continue.
Follow the instructions to test your device’s video and microphone. If you can’t establish a connection, your provider will call the phone number you provided.