Penn State Health Go is an easy-to-use mobile app that guides you where you need to go without being stressed, lost or late to your appointment.
The app was designed to be simple to use – open the app when you are in the medical center, and choose the primary destination from the menu or use the search bar to type the room or desired location (for example, nearest restroom). Then, select the location, and off you go. The app will take you to the door you need to enter. As you are guided to your destination you have the option to learn about artwork throughout the hospital and translate signs to your preferred language.
The app guides you to your destination using your phone’s camera. You must give the app permission to use your phone’s camera for it to work. It uses directional and visual markers similar to the global positioning system you might have in your vehicle. Penn State Health Go has specific access rules, which means it can only direct you to indoor locations that are open to the public.
If you're directed to another floor, the app will even guide you between floors using our public elevators. When you get in the elevator, press the button for your floor, then press the "floor confirmation" button on your phone.
How to download
- Using your smartphone, go to Google Play or Apple Store.
- Search for Penn State Health Go and download the app.
How to use
- Click on the main menu and select the department or room number where you need to go.
- Or type in the name of the department or room number in the search bar.
- If you’re directed to another floor, Penn State Health Go will guide you between floors using our public elevators. When you get in the elevator, press the button for your floor then press the “floor confirmation” button on your phone. The app will guide you to your destination.