Doerthe Andreae, MD, went to medical school in Berlin, Germany, and Lausanne, Switzerland. She spent her internship in pediatric surgery in Huancayo, Peru. After completing her MD/PhD training, she worked as a postdoctoral fellow in basic science research, focusing on pediatric food allergy, mainly identification of IgE binding epitopes of multiple food allergens.
Dr. Andreae completed her residency in pediatrics in both Germany and the United States (Elmhurst Hospital Center, Mount Sinai Services, New York). She completed her training in allergy and immunology at Mount Sinai. After a year in private practice, Dr. Andreae joined the faculty at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center as a pediatric allergist and immunologist. She speaks English, German and Spanish.
Penn State Health Pediatric Specialties
We accept a variety of health insurance plans and will submit claims on your behalf. Certain coverage restrictions may apply based on your individual benefit package.
Medical School, The Charite - Universit?tsmedizin Berlin - 2003
Fellowship, Allergy & Immunology Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai - 2015
Residency, Pediatrics St. Josef Hospital - Germany - 2008
Residency, Pediatrics Ichan School of Medicine at Mount Sinai - Elmhurst Hospital Center - 2012
- Possible interventions to improve patient show rates in outreach clinics
- Use of Allergy Alert Bracelets in Patients with Food Allergies
- Contribution to the USIDNET registry for patients with Primary Immunodeficiency
- Experiences of diverse medical providers at HMC
- Food allergy
- Pediatric primary immunodeficiencies
- Extraordinary Patient Satisfaction, 2017