Angela Soto Hamlin MD FACS, is a native of the Harrisburg area and has been a breast surgeon serving the central Pennsylvania community for over 35 years. She earned her medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania and trained in general and oncologic surgery at New York Hospital – Cornell Medical Center and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Dr. Soto Hamlin founded Susquehanna Breast Care Center which has remained the same practice, though has changed ownership over the years to Oakwood Breast Center, Geisinger Holy Spirit Breast Center and now Penn State Health Century Drive Cancer Center - Breast Center. She is board certified by the American Board of Surgery and is certified and accredited in image guided biopsies by the American Society of Breast Surgeons. Educating and empowering women to understand options and make the best decisions for themselves is the cornerstone of the comprehensive approach for breast health and breast cancer treatment at the Breast Center.
Penn State Health Century Drive Cancer Center offers risk assessment and management, treatment of benign breast problems, diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer including minimally invasive biopsies and oncoplastic surgical techniques, physical therapy, lymphedema therapy, support group, cancer wellness program.
Penn State Health Medical Group - Jennifer Court General Surgery
Penn State Health Century Drive Cancer Center Breast Care
We accept a variety of health insurance plans and will submit claims on your behalf. Certain coverage restrictions may apply based on your individual benefit package.
Medical School, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine - 1980
Fellowship, Surgery, Combined General and Oncologic Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (New York) - 1985
Residency, Surgery, Combined General and Oncologic New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center - 1985
- Big Sister of the Year 1980, Philadelphia certificate of merit from Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Philadelphia 1982 Finalist Big Sister of the Century Southeast PA
- American Cancer Society certificate of Merit 1990
- Spirit of Caring Profile, Holy Spirit Hospital, 1998
- Pennsylvania Top 50 Women in Business 1999, Central PA Healthcare Hero 2016
- Soroptimists International (West Shore) Woman of the Distinction, 2000
- Harrisburg Magazine Dynamic Women of Harrisburg: Medicine, March 2002 Central Pennsylvania Magazine Profile 2004, Harrisburg Magazine "Top Docs" 2009, 2013
- Girl Scouts- Local - Outstanding Leader, Outstanding Volunteer Regional -Appreciation Pin, Honor Pin, Golden Eagle, Catholic Educator National - St Elizabeth Anne Seaton Medal, Saint Ann Medal ,Region 3 Award, Presidential Volunteer Service Award 2010
- Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award 2020, Consumer Research Council’s “America’s Top Surgeons” 2014
- Central Pennsylvania Coalition United to Fight Cancer Catalyst Dr. Claude E. Nichols, Jr. Medical Community Service Award 2009
- Pinnacle Health System First Patient Choice Physician Leadership Award 2009