During the height of COVID-19, we limited non-essential surgical procedures, certain clinic visits and other patient care services to preserve supplies and equipment and ensure the ability to treat the sickest patients during the pandemic. Thanks in part to your understanding, we’ve been able to provide the best care possible for COVID patients. But we never stopped safely seeing those with other critical health care needs like heart attacks, or car accidents.
Now, with enhanced safety protocols in place for every level of care, we’re ready to help you reclaim the health you need to live the way you want. Our hospitals, outpatient centers, clinics and practices will look a bit different due to our many enhanced safety measures in place, but our dedication to you and your safe, and effective care, is still the same.
Let us show you how we are keeping you safe and how you can start scheduling your needed appointments now.
HOW we are keeping you safe NOW
Nothing is more important to us than the safety of our patients, staff and visitors. Penn State Health has implemented numerous enhanced safety measures and accommodations, including:
- Screening all patients and visitors for symptoms of and possible exposure to COVID-19
- Limiting the number of visitors that may accompany a patient, allowing one family/support person per patient per day
- Requiring masks to be worn by all patients, visitors and staff
- Practicing social distancing in all areas
- Streamlining registration, triage, check-in and check-out