Penn State Health - Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Join Penn State Health Milton S Hershey Medical Center and become a part of Central Pennsylvania’s only locally based academic medical center, Level I regional adult and pediatric trauma center, and Level IV (highest level) neonatal intensive care unit. Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as #1 in the Harrisburg metro region and #4 in the state. Since 1963, Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has been a leading academic medical center providing high-level, patient-centered care to patients and their families in central Pennsylvania. We are committed to advancing health care through innovation, collaboration, teamwork and above all, a passionate commitment to those we serve.
In addition to a rewarding career, we offer great BENEFITS including, but not limited to:
· Paid time off to promote a healthy life – work balance
· 75% Tuition Discount to Penn State University (OR) College/University Tuition Reimbursement (Full-Time Employees and dependents)
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits – Effective immediately on date of hire
· Collaborative and learning-focused environment with healthcare professionals
· Employee Recognition Program
· Life Insurance
· Flexible Savings Account (FSA) Retirement Plan - 401(k)
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible to perform diagnostic studies utilizing duplex ultrasound technology, continuous wave Doppler and other noninvasive vascular assessment technologies.
- Two year formal ultrasound program and RVT eligibility required at time of hire. If recent graduate (less than 6 months) certification required within 6 months of hire.
- (OR) Current RVT through ARDMS with two (2) years' experience in a dedicated vascular laboratory required.
- BLS certification required within three (3) months of hire
- Experience in noninvasive vascular scanning in an accredited vascular lab preferred.
- On-the-job experience is preferred but a 6-month clinical externship in a dedicated vascular laboratory setting is acceptable.
WHY CENTRAL PA? We are proud to possess a vibrant downtown area which affords exceptional cultural opportunities including the Hershey and Harrisburg Orchestras, museums, Hershey Park - a highly rated amusement park, the Hershey Theater, farmer’s markets and some of the finest dining in the region. We are an easy distance from the Lancaster Fulton Theater and Amish country, York’s Little Theater, and walkable towns like Hummelstown and Lititz. For the outdoors enthusiast, we have ample opportunities for hiking, biking, rowing, and hunting. For sports lovers, we are home to the American Hockey League’s Hershey Bears, the Minor League Baseball’s Harrisburg Senators, and the United Soccer League’s Penn FC. Central Pennsylvania is an exceptional combination of rural, suburban, and city living and is also within driving distance of some of the country’s most famous cities – Baltimore, New York City, Washington D.C., and Philadelphia.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email [email protected] or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non Bargained