Penn State Health Corporation
Work Type: Full Time
Hours: Day, flexible
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Oversee all aspects of the educational programs related to IT activities. Build a forward looking educational structure and team for CareConnect, our clinically driven revenue cycle program. Work closely with the testing coordination and organizational change management resources. Accountable for all personnel actions (e.g., hire, fire, assignment to projects, performance appraisals) required for the ongoing support of the operational area(s).
- This is a leadership position for the CareConnect education team and will be communicating to other departmental leaders and clinical leaders regarding the education program and services. Coordinate education efforts with other departmental educational representatives across Penn State Health.
- This position is critical to the effective and efficient use of CareConnect. How adult learners are educated so that they comprehend and interact with CareConnect has direct and significant bearing on the provision and quality of patient care and experience for Penn State Health.
- This position will provide leadership in expanding our educational team reach and growth.
- At this position level, organizational, analytical and adaptability to changing educational needs are the key skills necessary to continually improve the teaching program to meet the requirements of various constituents internally and externally to Penn State Health.
- Candidate must be able to develop assessment tools that gather and collate feedback and use that information to incorporate and enhance our educational offerings as well as to remain up-to-date with new training technologies and methodologies.
- Adheres to and exhibits our organizational core values as outlined by Penn State Health.
- Masters Degree Skilled in use and execution of Adobe Captivate for content creation SAkilled in CBT (computer based training) development
- Experience with LMS (Learning Management Systems)
- Must have prior organizational teaching experience and curriculum and training program development
- Must have prior experience managing and growing an education program.
On your own (no higher level of review required):
- Decisions relating to the ongoing maintenance and future enhancements to the education programs.
- Decisions that require approval by higher authority: Purchase of new tools or software to advance the educational experience. Hiring additional technology educators.
If chosen for this position, you may required to pass a Post Offer Employment Physical Exam in accordance with the measurements listed in the Work Task Analysis (WTA) report. This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, martial status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email email@example.com or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.