Working under the supervision of a Team Lead, this position will provide application and technology support to one or more operational business units of Penn State Health. Some responsibilities include:
- Participate in team planning and discussion; prepare documentation.
- Work with other operational areas to ensure the effective and integrated delivery of information technology services ae required for assigned projects and routine operations
- Lead single departmental projects or concurrent smaller projects; coordinate project resources
- Participate in project activities (e.g., define project scope, conduct system research and evaluations, recommend selection and implementation processes, predict impact on other Penn State Health operational areas, prepare team documents, give intradepartmental presentations)
- Serve as an information technology liaison with the client community
- Assist in the resolution of application production problems
- Maintain application profile tables (e.g., configuration of PSH-specific parameters for an off-the-shelf application)
- Use vendor-supplied tools to perform ad hoc reporting
- Engage resources from other information technology teams as required to resolve problems
- Responsible and accountable to comply with cyber security policies, standards, and processes in accordance with the Enterprise Cyber Security Program Plan.
- Have a solid working knowledge of at least one area of information technology/business applications
- General knowledge of technical aspects of networking and cyber security requirements as it relates to documenting Network Flow Diagrams and requests for required security policy exceptions
- Either: (a) Bachelor's degree plus four additional years of related experience or (b) eight years total of related experience required.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one area of information technology and a solid working knowledge of several areas of information technology required.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office required.
- Adheres to and exhibits our organizational core values as outlined by Penn State Health.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email firstname.lastname@example.org or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.