Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Recruiter: Please contact Amber Winters at [email protected] for additional information.
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is offering an exciting opportunity for a Stroke Medical Director at Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital in Hershey, Pa.
What we're offering:
- Competitive salary and generous benefits
- A collaborative environment rich with diversity
- Participation in resident and medical student education
- A high-quality program with a national reputation for teaching, research, and state of the art patient care
- Interaction with dynamic clinicians across departments and participation in innovative educational approaches
- Rank commensurate with experience
This opportunity includes:
- Stroke-focused inpatient rehabilitation, consults, clinics and procedures
- Constantly growing program with opportunities to make an impact and follow your own ambitions for your career
- Supportive and accommodating faculty
- Great teaching opportunities: 4-person per year PM&R residency program, plus one SCIM fellowship and one BI fellowship per year. Several opportunities to educate medical students in various capacities
- Both hi- and low-tech adaptive driving clinic and wheelchair clinic
- Stroke conferences with active participation from neurologists, neurosurgeons, physiatrists, therapists, nurses and researchers across the care spectrum of stroke to discuss care initiatives at Penn State
- Adaptive sports programs
- Annual Rec Fest where we showcase all of the adaptive recreation activities to patients and caregivers around Pennsylvania
- Stroke support group
- Opportunities to get involved with research projects, or start new ones, with robust research resources through Penn State the College of Medicine
What we're seeking:
- M.D., D.O., or foreign equivalent
- Completion of accredited training program
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania
- BC/BE in physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Must be able to obtain valid federal and state narcotics certificates
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday – Friday, email [email protected] or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non bargained