Penn State Health - Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Recruiter: Please contact Anderson Smith at [email protected] for additional information.
The Division of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine at Penn State Health Children’s Hospital and University College of Medicine in Hershey PA is currently seeking an 11th Pediatric Critical Care Physician. The Children’s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, and Division of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine provide a number of clinical, educational, quality improvement, and research opportunities.
The Children’s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, and College of Medicine provide a number of clinical, educational, quality improvement, and research opportunities
Interested applicants, please send a CV and Cover Letter to Gary D. Ceneviva, MD, Chief, Division of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, at [email protected].
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- The clinical program encompasses an 18-bed high acuity multidisciplinary pediatric intensive care unit, which includes an integrated Pediatric Cardiac Care Unit. (There is an adjacent 18 bed Pediatric Intermediate Care Unit which allows for expansion of critical care services as needed)
- Clinical programs include cardiovascular surgery, neurosurgery, a level 1 trauma program, solid organ and stem cell transplantation, and all aspects of pediatric critical care medicine including extracorporeal support.
- Highly specialized collaborative care in the PICU and Pediatric Cardiac Care Unit is provided by subspecialty-trained physicians, critical care fellows, advance practice providers and dedicated nursing and respiratory therapy staff.
- The Division sponsors both a Pediatric Critical Care Fellowship and Advance Practice Providers Program. The fellowship, advanced practice provider program, pediatric residency, and subspecialty residencies, along with the adjacent College of Medicine provides a vast array of educational opportunities.
- Penn State Children’s Hospital and the Division of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine are active participants in Virtual PICU, Vizient, and the Solutions for Patient Safety.
- The Children’s Hospital, Division of Pediatric Critical Care, contiguous Medical School, and Penn State’s Main Campus offer a number of excellent opportunities to collaboratively perform research. Our critical care division is an active member of The Pediatric Acute Lung Injury and Sepsis Investigators (PALISI) Network and Collaborative Pediatric Critical Care Research Network. Members of the Division participate in multicenter clinical research trials in brain injury, lung injury, sepsis, and pharmacology. The Department of Pediatrics and College of Medicine are committed to supporting the development of young pediatric investigators.
Faculty members are encouraged and supported to develop areas of interest and professional growth. This position is open to applicants at all academic levels. Beautiful surroundings, affordable housing and excellent schools provide a superior environment for life outside the workplace.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- The position includes faculty appointment at Penn State College of Medicine. Academic rank will be awarded based upon the career stage and development of the candidate.
- Sign-on bonus and relocation assistance
- CME time and funds
- LTD and Life insurance, and so much more!
- Penn State University tuition discount for employees and dependents
Hershey is located near Harrisburg (our state capital) and is a safe, family-friendly location, with access to excellent, nationally-ranked public schools. Our local neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living. Known as the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, Hershey's community is rich in history and offers an abundant range of outdoor activities, arts, and diverse experiences. We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC. We're proud of our community involvement and encourage you to learn more about our organization.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday, email [email protected] or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non Bargained