Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Recruiter: Please contact Anderson Smith at [email protected] for additional information.
Penn State Health Children’s Hospital Division of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology is seeking a Pediatric Hematologist-Oncologist focused on Benign Hematology
Join our Division of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology now! We are committed to excellent clinical care, teaching, and research.
- We are a division of 14 physicians (12 full time) and one psychologist
- 5 NP/PA’s,
- A full complement of ancillary staff including excellent administrative support, social workers, dietician/nutritionist, 8 nurse coordinators and 8 clinical research staff.
- Our hematology clinical programs include a state - supported sickle cell program, hemophilia treatment center, young women’s bleeding clinic, and hemostasis/thrombosis clinic.
- Our clinical oncology programs include expertise in treating leukemia, lymphoma, and solid tumors as well as specialized programs for neurofibromatosis, genetic predisposition syndromes, neuro-oncology, survivorship, and adolescent/young adult (AYA) oncology.
- Currently, we have one physician dedicated to hemostasis-thrombosis, one physician who directs the sickle cell program, and one physician who does primarily benign hematology with a focus on iron deficiency and neutropenia.
- We have an outpatient clinic connected to the pediatric infusion center in the Penn State Children’s Hospital and outreach clinics in Reading and Lancaster.
- Our patients our hospitalized in an 18-bed Pediatric Hematology-Oncology unit in the Penn State Children’s Hospital.
- Our clinical and research efforts are supported by Four Diamonds and the Children’s Miracle Network.
What we're seeking:
We are seeking someone trained in Pediatric Hematology-Oncology interested in a focus on Hematology
M.D., D.O., or foreign equivalent
Ability to acquire a license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania BC/BE
An interest in research would be supported but is not required
Competitive salary and benefits
Sign on bonus and Relocation assistance,
CME time and funds,
LTD and Life insurance, and so much more!
Penn State University tuition discount for employees and dependents
Our freestanding Children’s Hospital just underwent a vertical expansion due to accommodate pediatric needs in central PA is located near Harrisburg (Our state capital) and is a safe, family-friendly location, with access to excellent public schools. Hershey, PA, our local neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. Known as the home of the Hershey chocolate bar, Hershey's community is rich in history and offers an abundant range of outdoor activities, arts, and diverse experiences. We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC. We're proud of our community involvement and encourage you to learn more about our organization.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
Penn State Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please call 717-531-8440 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Eastern Standard Time, Monday - Friday, email [email protected] or download our Accommodation Instructions for Job Applicants PDF for more detailed steps for assistance.
Union: Non bargained