Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is seeking an experienced, board certified/eligible cardiac surgeon with a track record and proficiency in complex cases including multiple-valve and re-operative aortic, mitral and coronary surgery. The successful candidate will join the Division of Cardiac Surgery of the Heart and Vascular Institute and will have an academic faculty appointment with the Department of Surgery, Penn State College of Medicine.
- Medical degree - M.D., D.O. or foreign equivalent
- Eligibility for licensure in the state of Pennsylvania
- ABTS board certified/board eligible
- Completion of an ACGME approved surgery residency
- Completion of an accredited cardiothoracic surgery fellowship program
- At least 7 years of experience since completion of a cardiac surgery fellowship program
- Excellent operative outcomes, commensurate with complexity of the cases
- Collaborative personality and a team-player, invested in overall success and growth of our cardiac surgery program
- Committed to training fellows and mentoring junior faculty in complex cardiac surgery
- Interest in clinical and industry-sponsored research preferred
The Penn State Health Heart & Vascular Institute (PSHHVI) is a 63-physician integrated multi-specialty group that includes Vascular Surgery, Cardiac Surgery, Cardiology, and Interventional Radiology which provides comprehensive cutting edge heart and vascular care to the residents of central Pennsylvania. Cardiac surgical services include heart transplantation and mechanical circulatory support, minimally invasive surgery, and complex valvular and aortic surgery.
To apply, please send CV to: Patty Shipton, CPRP, Senior Physician Recruiter via
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.